Convexed Models?

Hogs, question for you!

Other than listed below and besides one-off custom shop pieces, which Busse models (and kin) came stock with a convex grind?

-Basic LE series (6, 8, 10?)
-Hog Muk LE
-Scrapyard War Dog (I want one so badly)
-some older Boss Jack LE versions?

I want to get my hands on some convexed INFI ASAP!

Cheers :)

Camp tramp is conveyed and a sweet blade buts it s sr101 I think it's my Jack of all trades knife I love it and my hog b8 not convexed

Bushwacker Mistress Combat Grade as well.

I had thought the original Natural Outlaw Ergo was a full convex, but I think it was the assymetrical grind throwing me off.

Last edited:
The original Competition Grade SARSquatch was convexed.

Also the contemporaneously-offered Competition Grade Jackhammer and Hell Razor.

Did I scare you with that one boys??? :eek:. . . . I know I sceeeaart myself !

So, what exactly is a Competition Grade Finish you may ask???. . . Purty darned ugly my friends. . . purty darned ugly!

When we run new designs for our destructive testing we don't worry too much about the finish. . . but boy can those puppies cut!!!. . . We put a zero convex bevel along the edge that screams!!!!. . .

We don't worry a bit about finish, since the name of the game is performance. . . We usually take a blade straight from the furnace and do a light pass on a wheel and then it's all about the edge. . . .

It is difficult to put this type of edge on a regularly finished knife since the edge finishing process usually rides up fairly high on the bevel. :eek: . . .Very cool!!! :cool:

We leave behind all of the peen marks, INFI dimples, and anything else that might be there. Sometimes we double cut them before edging. . .sometimes we don't. There is no set criteria as to how ugly these blades can get. . . .

Handles can be a bit rough as well. . . .fit and finish? . . . Uh, probably not gonna find it here kids.

These are beaters of the first degree. . . You'll never have to worry about marring up the finish. . . because we've already done that for you!

So, I guess the question is. . . If we priced these near the regular combat grade price point, would you be interested in buying one?

Here's a pic of the Jack Hammer with the Competition Grade Finish:

CompetitionFinish.jpg

Every "LE" I have/had.... ASHBM, ASH-1, B8, AMS, NMSFNO, INFImandu, Cultilus... has come with a beautiful polished convex edge.

Most of the CG, DC, or CF versions have not... and have either been thinned/convexed/polished by me, or are awaiting that treatment (the exceptions are blades of ELMAX, which all have EdgePro 15 degree edges).

Hogs, question for you!
Other than listed below and besides one-off custom shop pieces, which Busse models (and kin) came stock with a convex grind?
I assume you mean the main blade grind as opposed to the edge grind, correct?
If so, the SJTAC has a convex grind. Here is a quote from the original ad:
"The Satin Jack TAC is the first blade ever produced by Busse Combat that features a full-height convex grind adding to its overall strength and cutting power. It will surely become one of your favorite blades and will set a new standard for other knives of its size and intended application."

What Jerry said about the SJTAC being the first Busse knife with a convex grind, this would rule out the original ergo models (I was pretty sure they have a full-flat grind, with the edge being asymmetrical).

Both! I'm curious about both the main blade grind as well as the edge grind :) so thanks for all of the comments.

I had a FSH that was full height convex, but most were released full flat.

Other full grind convex knives include the Sarsquatch, SJTAC LE, NMSFNO, Killa Zilla, Boss Jack (proto and main run, not LE), original Team Gemini, Gladius, Busse Integral Dagger...Hmm...drawing a blank on others.

As far as just having a convex edge, I don't really know.

Not INFI, but the Rucki and BG AK-47 both have convex grinds. Bot have V edges though. Not sure about the other swords.

You guys call yourself HOGS??? o_O Pshaw. :p

I still can't believe this hasn't been mentioned. :eek:

NMFBM. Full-height convex. :cool: (I've read some were saber-convex, but don't believe this is corrrect.)

My TTKZ is also full-height convex.

Back