Convince Me: Let's See Some Nessmucks

i know you are a big stubbymuk fan Swo.

do you agree w/ my sentiment that the handle is a bit big for pocket carry?

you have more experience carrying one than me

I pocket carry my stubby. No problem with a 1/8 SFT stubby and JouFoo ISP. BTW the Monarch is 1/8 TT. ;):thumbup:

Another Old Skool nessie. Not the first knife Andy made, but a pretty early one, I think. I'm not the original owner, so I don't know the exact date. The first knife I got direct from Andy was an old skool Woodsman with a layered wood handle.
15074494305_b7c00a5d6e_c.jpg

Recently snagged this 3/32 A2 Lil Ness in bog oak from Allen. Feels great in hand, and perfect for pocket EDC. :thumbup:

Without meaning to--in an intentional way--I've ended up with a small collection of Fiddleback Nessmuck's. The lore is that design was accidental as well, so I feel somewhat absolved for ending up with 3 Fiddlebacks and a couple from other makers as well. Andy's are by far my favorite of the type.

The 1/8" is by far my preferred configuration.

I am a Nessmuk junkie and I probably have more Nessmuk knives than any other pattern. When I came across this one for sale I was a little leery of purchasing it due to the 3/16" thick blade and tapered tang as I'm not a huge fan of them. However I was really drawn in by the handle color as it kept calling me. So I talked to mistwalker and asked his thoughts on this particular knife. After a lengthy and very informative discussion I knew I had to have this Nessmuk. The way this knife balances and feels in my hand is perfect. As far as the thickness goes it still slices extremely well and impressed me as I test almost all my new knives in the kitchen first. I would put this one in my top 4 of all time favorite Nessmuk knives that I own. I think a Fiddleback Forge Nessmuk is a must have for all Fiddleback Forge users and or collectors no matter what the blade thickness is or overall size.

IMG_4750_zpsalkiyu3i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am a Nessmuk junkie and I probably have more Nessmuk knives than any other pattern. When I came across this one for sale I was a little leery of purchasing it due to the 3/16" thick blade and tapered tang as I'm not a huge fan of them. However I was really drawn in by the handle color as it kept calling me. So I talked to mistwalker and asked his thoughts on this particular knife. After a lengthy and very informative discussion I knew I had to have this Nessmuk. The way this knife balances and feels in my hand is perfect. As far as the thickness goes it still slices extremely well and impressed me as I test almost all my new knives in the kitchen first. I would put this one in my top 4 of all time favorite Nessmuk knives that I own. I think a Fiddleback Forge Nessmuk is a must have for all Fiddleback Forge users and or collectors no matter what the blade thickness is or overall size.

Man, thanks. That one was hard to let go. When the grind gets high like that, and you grind edges as think as I do, they'll cut even at those thicknesses.

Another Old Skool nessie. Not the first knife Andy made, but a pretty early one, I think. I'm not the original owner, so I don't know the exact date. The first knife I got direct from Andy was an old skool Woodsman with a layered wood handle.
15074494305_b7c00a5d6e_c.jpg

Cool. That one is from my 2nd batch ever. Knives # 10 through 16. This photo was take June of 2005.

Asc75-vi.jpg

Asc77-vi.jpg

That set makes me smile.

TLA, So what're your favorite Nessmuks, (the other 3) - favorite blade specs, please?

Love Nessmuks! I've had a couple of Andy's Nessmuks. And have been on a bit of a kick lately. Finally got around to scoring a Fiddleback Camp Muk, and also bought a non-Fiddleback muk (see both below). And now have a standard Nessmuk on the way from the last Fiddleback Friday.

Try it, you'll like it. :)

a2609ffc-e284-4527-9ab3-ddb29fe04154_zpsw6hucvnv.jpg

I'll let Kirkwood fill in the specs but that's a new model from Adam known simply as the Muk.

Back