Cooking a flank steak w/ chimichurri sauce outdoors

Hello blade aficionados. There's a video challenge going on YouTube where people are invited to cook a steak outdoors and talk about men's mental health and bring more awareness to the issue. A staggering amount of total suicides are men, it's 70 to 80 percent. A YouTube Channel name HAZE Outdoors started this challenge and I just made a video for it.

In the video I use a knife from Nordsmith Knives. It's designed by David Anderson who is a contributing writing for the website- The Truth About Knives. It's a camp knife with influences from different the camp knives out there: the nessmuck, butchers knife, and Hudson Bay pattern.

The chimichurri sauce is from Argentina and I was introduced to it in a little Argentinian restaurant in Tulum mexico. It's ingredients: parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper.

sweet knife.
i've heard about chimmichurri before but I never looked up what went into it. just the name didn't sound appetising for some reason. i don't know why. maybe too close to chinchilla?
anyway, it looks pretty tasty. i like lemon, garlic, S&P and olive oil as a marinade. sometimes i get crazy and add parsley and / or rosemary. but i'm totally gong to try your recipe. it's darn close to what i use when i make salad dressing.

sweet knife.
i've heard about chimmichurri before but I never looked up what went into it. just the name didn't sound appetising for some reason. i don't know why. maybe too close to chinchilla?
anyway, it looks pretty tasty. i like lemon, garlic, S&P and olive oil as a marinade. sometimes i get crazy and add parsley and / or rosemary. but i'm totally gong to try your recipe. it's darn close to what i use when i make salad dressing.

Awesome! I made a mistake when I added the recipe graphics, instead of 1.5 cups of vinegar it should be .5 cup.

Let me know how you like it! It’s better on Flank or skirt steak if you can find it

An Argentine asador would chastise you severely for marinating with the chimichuri. It is supposed to be added at the end as a sause. The only thing that goes on the steak before cooking is a heavy dose of salt. ;) As for overdone, a lot of us might find Argentine aside "overdone" but not dry or tough. They cook "low and slow" much of the time.

Last edited:
works great on pork chops fyi, but i just learned it's not to be used as a marinade...

good on you for bringing attention to mental health issues too. i should have mentioned that earlier.

Back