Cop Tool

rjd

First off, it is great that you have your own forum. I think you will contribute a great deal here.

I just purchased a Cop Tool and I had a question about the rust resistance of the coating. I have only carried mine for about a week and I noticed it is starting to rust near the paracord wrap.

If your cop tool is silver, its bead blasted and not coated. Hit the affected area with some quality rust preventive and you will be in good shape. Bead blasted steel will rust whether it is stainless or carbon steel. These are d-2 which falls somewhere in between as far as corrosion resistance.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your reply. :)

I was under the impression that all the tools came with tacti-cote.

Does WC offer the Cop Tool with a matte black coated blade and if so, how do I go about getting one. I would definitely prefer a black blade w/black wrap to the grey/grey I purchased. I think it matches my duty gear a lot better.

Thank You.

Thanks for the info. I messed up when I ordered mine. I thought Tact-Kote was matte gray and I didn't realize there was a drop down box to add it.

I called Nick and he was super cool. The tool will be enroute today to get the black coating and black wrap.

FWIW, I took the paracord wrap off prior to shipping. I have only had this tool for about one week and there was a good amount of rust under the wrap. It might be a good idea to get away from the bb finish and just coat all the tools. Just a suggestion. :)

Thank you very much for you assistance.

Back