• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Copper and Clad

Is Copper and Clad a retail site for Buck factory seconds?

Well it's my first post so allow me to give a little background. I've been EDC some sort of knife for the last 48 years or so (since I was about 12). To me it's just something a man does. Recently it was a Benchmade Griptilian up until the whole gun destruction fiasco. Since then (mid-February) I have found myself in a buying frenzy and have purchased...
Kershaw Link 1776TGRYBW
Spyderco Endura in VG10
CRKT M1604Z
Zero Tolerance 0350BW
Spyderco Manix 2 XL
Spyderco Paramilitary 2
Spyderco Lil Native
Cold Steel Golden Eye Elite
Buck 119 BRS-B
Buck 110
Buck 120 BRS
Most of these were from Cutlery Shoppe which has been excellent. Great prices, unbelievably fast shipping, and perfect products.
Lastly I ordered a Buck 110 with Cocobola scales, finger grooves, and a drop point blade from Copper and Clad. I thought it would look good as a trio with the 119 and 120. It came yesterday and the ricasso on both sides look like someone missed polishing on that section. It has the finish like it came right out of the tumbler. I've never seen a 110 like this before.

TL/DR: Is Copper and Clad a retail site for Buck factory seconds or is Buck QC poor enough to just miss something as obvious as an unpolished ricasso? I'm a little hesitant now to order anything else from C&C.

I've only purchased from them once; and I don't have a single complaint about the knife I received.

I could be wrong; but this seems more like a GBU thread than something for General Knife Discussion

No they sell new factory knives. I haven't had a problem. I have puchased many.

Copper and Clad orders batches of Buck special factory order (SFO) knives.

Last Christmas , my wife bought me a Buck 110 with jigged horn scales from C&C. It's perfect in every way.

I've bought four other Buck knives from C&C and of the four only one, a 112 was finished a little sloppy.
Not bad enough to warrant a return, but not finished as nicely as the others.

All the knives they sell are covered under Buck's warranty and they have a good return policy as well.
I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again.

I've bought many exclusives from them.......I havent seen anything different than any other retailer I've bought from. I expect, but dont know, ya just got a bad one. happens. send it to buck theyll make it right.

should probably be moved to gb&u forum since it's a discussion on a dealer.....I'll ask a mod to move for ya....

I've been EDC some sort of knife for the last 48 years or so (since I was about 12). To me it's just something a man does.
It’s also just something a woman does.

Copper and Clad is a good dealer. The problem more lies with Buck itself. Buck is a great knifemaker but their fit and finish can be a little variable.

Thanks for the replies and sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Like JPD1998 said "Not bad enough to warrant a return." It's just not what it should be.

Good to know C&C isn't the issue.

Thanks

Yea... Just something that happens sometimes. With the pricing and amount produced, you just have to expect that a couple stinkers are going to make it through. Happens with all low to midrange knife companies and even some high end knife companies. Fortunately, both Buck and Copper and Clad have your back and are known for great customer service.

I have a Buck 110 in oak and 5160 from Copper & Clad and it’s one of my most treasured knives.

431E490A-0537-4F67-91BE-090FE136C82C.jpeg
A82C6E9A-348D-4352-87CD-144CE142DB4A.jpeg

C&c is 1st class in my book. Never had a problem with them. No factory seconds. They never even took your knife out of the box.

I had an issue with a purchase from Copper and contacted them. They paid for return shipping and hand selected the perfect exchange knife.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with products and service that I have received. Quite a few purchases— too many!!

My antivirus software (Bitdefender) blocked me from their website:
Dangerous page blocked for your protection
http://copperandclad.com/
Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

I've ordered two Bucks from Copper And Clad. Both arrived promptly, and in good condition, so CS was never a thought. I think you can be confident if you order from them.

Is Copper and Clad a retail site for Buck factory seconds?

Well it's my first post so allow me to give a little background. I've been EDC some sort of knife for the last 48 years or so (since I was about 12). To me it's just something a man does. Recently it was a Benchmade Griptilian up until the whole gun destruction fiasco. Since then (mid-February) I have found myself in a buying frenzy and have purchased...
Kershaw Link 1776TGRYBW
Spyderco Endura in VG10
CRKT M1604Z
Zero Tolerance 0350BW
Spyderco Manix 2 XL
Spyderco Paramilitary 2
Spyderco Lil Native
Cold Steel Golden Eye Elite
Buck 119 BRS-B
Buck 110
Buck 120 BRS
Most of these were from Cutlery Shoppe which has been excellent. Great prices, unbelievably fast shipping, and perfect products.
Lastly I ordered a Buck 110 with Cocobola scales, finger grooves, and a drop point blade from Copper and Clad. I thought it would look good as a trio with the 119 and 120. It came yesterday and the ricasso on both sides look like someone missed polishing on that section. It has the finish like it came right out of the tumbler. I've never seen a 110 like this before.

TL/DR: Is Copper and Clad a retail site for Buck factory seconds or is Buck QC poor enough to just miss something as obvious as an unpolished ricasso? I'm a little hesitant now to order anything else from C&C.
Every day carry knife: Copper & Clad 110 aluminum, micarta, and S30v. I'm going on a year with it and it just keeps getting smoother. There was a small gap in one spot where the scale met the bolster, but I could only see it in pics, not the naked eye. Perfect knife, but I'd like it better without the nail nick. Wasn't an option, though.

ozHmaL0.jpg

Zieg

Back