• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Copper Shred CF Spydiechef Scale - Cuscadi

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
IMG-20190424-163233-307.jpg

SCALE ONLY. KNIFE NOT INCLUDED.

This has been installed and carried some. Still in better-than-new shape...

It's a very rare imperfect scale from Cuscadi. When it arrived and I first installed it the centering was so far off that the blade would bite into the scale if closed. (I never actually let the blade hit the scale of course.) The pivot hole was drilled a bit high, so the pivot didn't sit level, ruining the centering.

Rather than go through the trouble of returning it to Germany, waiting for a refund or replacement, etc. I settled on modifying it myself to resolve the issue and receiving a sizable discount on my next order.

I've milled out the bottom of the pivot hole in the scale just a bit to allow the pivot to level out. The blade is still a bit off center when installed and the lockup is a bit later at about 80%, but never moved any further out.

You can probably mill the hole down a little further for a better fit, but I just stopped when I could live with the result. Installation is a little more tedious since you have to babysit the centering, but still not terribly difficult.

Fielding trade offers. Gear, knives, etc. Also for sale at $75(way less than I paid Cuscadi.)

Back