Corona thread. No politics please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree to the extent that a well set up BoB ought to be able to get you home first but if that option is literally impossible / high improbable, the BoB will serve you faithfully long enough for you to go over your strategies. The old adage applies: better to have one and not need one than need one and have none. I have a fear that if the SHTF and the first thing that I do impulsively is to bug out, I will most likely be among the first ones to become a martyr over that panicked cause ;)

#butchipsbobisreallycool :)

I would agree to the extent that a well set up BoB ought to be able to get you home first but if that option is literally impossible / high improbable, the BoB will serve you faithfully long enough for you to go over your strategies. The old adage applies: better to have one and not need one than need one and have none. I have a fear that if the SHTF and the first thing that I do impulsively is to bug out, I will most likely be among the first ones to become a martyr over that panicked cause ;)

#butchipsbobisreallycool :)

It's a good idea to have a BoB when you are out and about. That's why I carry more knives than I need and a compass and other stuff. But if you are all at home when TSHTF, you would probably be better off staying home. One thing that many overlook is the fact that water gets very heavy...

Last edited:
The term Get-Home-Bag makes more sense than Bug-Out-Bag, but posting that you never leave home without your GHB has different connotations :p. You might be mistaken for Bill Cosby.

I agree that 'bugging in' generally makes more sense. The GH bag is simply to aid in getting home if you're away.

Rapid Bug Out preps have their place though; eg. Wildfires, chemical/nuclear accidents nearby etc., but as opposed to the survivalists ideas of a BoB for the backwoods, practical bugout preps would prioritize important documents along with the ability to survive an unreliable supply chain for at least 3 days, while making your way to a safe location.

Speaking of bugging out. I was looking for a picture of “Buggin out” from Do the right thing, and just learned these guys were played by the same actor :eek:
View attachment 1402304

Mandalorian-Darksaber-Gideon-featured.jpg

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/08/19/flu-vaccine-massachusetts-students-shot-requirement/amp/

Requiring flu vaccines now. (I am not an anti-vaxxer). The post somewhere in here by B bluemax_1 really has me wondering about the flu shot this year. Seems like we are mandating things faster than we can think them through, FFS!

I'm afear'd the first hint of a successful c-19 vaccine will end up being mandated, and we will be facing another generation of Thalidomide babies. My god! Everyone just slow their forking roll! Holy forking shirtballs.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/08/19/flu-vaccine-massachusetts-students-shot-requirement/amp/

Requiring flu vaccines now. (I am not an anti-vaxxer). The post somewhere in here by B bluemax_1 really has me wondering about the flu shot this year. Seems like we are mandating things faster than we can think them through, FFS!

I'm afear'd the first hint of a successful c-19 vaccine will end up being mandated, and we will be facing another generation of Thalidomide babies. My god! Everyone just slow their forking roll! Holy forking shirtballs.
Threading the fine line between freedoms and safety is a tough one. I can't condone this particular move. It's another one that reeks more of a show of "We're doing something", than a responsible step.

The SARS-CoV-2 virus has a significantly higher infectivity than influenza viruses. Appropriate measures that would mitigate the spread of SARS-CoV-2, would be even more effective at mitigating the spread of influenza strains, i.e. this measure doesn't really achieve anything other than optics for the uninformed.

I'm guessing the policymakers are also completely ignorant of the link between the flu vaccine and greater susceptibility to other respiratory illnesses, including coronaviruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back