1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

could anyone recommend a custom scale maker to me?

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by blzwow, Feb 19, 2018.

1. blzwow

blzwow

Nov 26, 2016
    Hey guys,I have several GSO knives. Some of the original scales are made in micarta which I don't like them.I want some Orange/black G10 or Stabilized wood scales Replace them,what I want scales is always out of stock on the official web.
    So I need a custom scale maker who can make GSO series scales.could anyone recommend to me?

2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    @TRfromMT are you completely and totally out of the wood handle making game?

@Hale Storm Do you ever work with g10 handles?

3. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I still do make wood handles, but very limited due to a lot of other commitments. I don't have the right level of membership to solicit work though. Guys tend to find me from other sources.

4. blzwow

blzwow

Nov 26, 2016
    you are inrangedesign at IN!I have tried to contact you, but did not respond.Can you make some scales?

5. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    If you are Tony R...... from the GSO Forum over on Facebook I was going to mention you. I've seen many of your wood scales you've made, certainly superb work.

6. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Yeah, that's me. Thank you! The wood handle hobby is honestly my main focus in the whole knife community. I'm not a heavy user, bushcrafter, collector or what have you... I honestly look at a knife first and foremost to see if it is a platform that could benefit from having some nice wood handles. That's my particular brand of crazy. :D

Fancier likes this.