Could someone please decipher this writing...

Here are a few pics I had taken during the kukri blade display project.
Notice how I had wrapped up the blade as to not booger it up while I did the work I was doing.
Also, the foam-board was not only used for the pics/word plaques, I also used some, (which I wrapped in vinyl), to be a spacer between the blade and the display's cloth background material. This idea was done by me to keep the blade somewhat more out and away from the display's cloth material, which would absorb the blade's oil and be stained by it. It also adds more depth to the overall look, imo.

The first picture below shows how I laid everthing in the case to see how I wanted it to be, then it was all taken out and the work began on installing everything.

Last edited:
I don't have any blow by blow threads showing how I have used shadow boxes for displays, but here is a link to a thread that shows some of them... Maybe it will spark some ideas for you :)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-me-1st-world-problems.1657068/#post-18952889

Of course the easiest ones I do, are the front loading shadow boxes laid flat on tables. One just swings the lid open, and places the items inside. Much easier than wall mounting, but I only have so much table space, and the walls become the only option left... (Well, and the ceiling, but not quite there yet) ;)

Here's a few more...

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks
Just one more thing, gulp, have you done a thread showing the displays and if so will you kindly post the link for it. Definitely need to read that.
Here is a link to a thread showing some more of my displays... And, if you scroll through it, you'll see some of the ways I incorporate the displays within my home :)
Hope this can give you some inspiration on some ideas of your own. And thanks for showing interest and appreciating my display ideas :)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...h-my-do-dad-collection.1539956/#post-17690820

This one is a front loading shadow box. Because it's pretty deep, and laid flat on a table, it is so easy to switch things up within it. One can place things in it any which way one wants, and it gives options to move things around whenever one wants, (and again, with such ease) :)

Man those would be great for my arrowheads and spear points etc. Im trying to figure out how to make them so I can travel with them and not have them shift and move around. Im thinking doing the same but putting foam and pressing the items against the glass. Still trying to figure it out but yours are very nice! Well done sir!

Back