Could use some help please finding a knife

Some might remember I posted in a thread about losing the old timer knife my grandfather had given me some years back. I asked my grandmother about it and she recalls him buying it in the mid 1970s. Can anyone post some pictures of old timer knives from that time period? It had a small blade open from one end and a bigger blade and a somewhat of sheep's foot looking blade on the other end. So 3 blades in all. Any help would be much appreciated.

Several Old Timer stockman knives in that configuration fit that description. A closed length would be helpful. The two most common lengths would be 3 5/16 inches and 3 7/8 (nominally 4) inches closed. That would narrow down the request for images/descriptions. The two most common patterns would be the 34OT (the smaller size) and the 8OT (the larger size). There are many millions of those out there. But there are others, too.....

It
Several Old Timer stockman knives in that configuration fit that description. A closed length would be helpful. The two most common lengths would be 3 5/16 inches and 3 7/8 (nominally 4) inches closed. That would narrow down the request for images/descriptions. The two most common patterns would be the 34OT (the smaller size) and the 8OT (the larger size). There are many millions of those out there. But there are others, too.....
Was closer to 4 inches closed. I remember measuring the larger blade and if memory serves me right the blade was between 3 and 3.5 inches. The larger blade had a Bowie style look to it. Handle looked like a burnt bone.

Closed length may have been a little more than 4 inches. Sorry I'm doing all I can to remember.

source

source

source

Last edited:
It's almost certainly an 8OT Old Timer stockman. They're still made in China, but original USA made 8OTs are still plentiful on the auction sites in every condition from mint to junk. Happy hunting!

This is my old Schrade 8OT Every Day User, I found it on eBay for $25.
I had the handles replaced with bone, I use a Schrade 881 for 40 years...Ken
source

Thanks guys now I need to find one made in the USA and in good condition. Anyway to tell the age? I'd like to get one from the 70s like the one my pawpaw gave me.

Back