Counterfeit, anyone?

Some new counterfeits. The AK-47 might be a repeat, but if so this is definitely a better picture of the forgery.

IMG-1028.jpg

IMG-6313.jpg

IMG-6289.jpg

IMG-6287.jpg

IMG-6310.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6365.jpg

-Steve

Last edited:
How about the prize? That tell me a lot, or does it? For example CS from China are about 10-20$ but from United States the prizes are more realistic(in ebay etc.). Same thing in Spyderco, how many think that they can get real thing at the same prize as those China´s counterfeit´s. My worry is that I buy knock off with the high prize, does those impostors really try to suck my money with expensive fake´s?

The photos of these latest fakes and counterfeits are a bit substandard. Apparently the ripoff artists are under the impression that they can fool potential buyers and avoid prosecution with blurry pictures.

IMG-1812.jpg

IMG-6372.jpg

IMG-1309.jpg

IMG-1719.jpg

IMG-1717.jpg

IMG-2782.jpg

IMG-1712.jpg

IMG-6307.jpg

-Steve

Last edited:
Oh I remember that colossus clone. It has liners. I wonder if it's stronger than the actual lol but the blade steel is rubbish.
There is a closer looking clone of the rajah 2 which comes in d2(it's pretty spot on externally and internally). I always wondered if it can outperform cts bd1. Fingers crossed on an upgraded steel on future future rjah2 with linerless g10.

Is there a knife company being counterfeited more pervasively than Cold Steel? If so, I'm not aware of it. Unfortunately, time for an update.

Another fake push dagger.

IMG-6301.jpg

Two different handle styles on this cheap Rajah II/III ripoff. (Neither the photo nor the knife are labeled Cold Steel, but the accompanying ad copy claimed these were Cold Steel Rajahs/Spartans.)

IMG-2035.jpg

Counterfeit Rajah II with partial serrations.

IMG-2009.jpg

The Peacent first warned us about the phony Rawles Voyagers, but it looks like the variety of blade styles and finishes has grown.

IMG-2026.jpg

Counterfeit XL Vaqueros, which I hadn't seen before.

IMG-2027.jpg

The Voyager boxes look extremely realistic and the knives even come with extra left-side pocket clips (with stamped logos, no less)!

IMG-2033.jpg

-Steve

Last edited:
Is there a knife company being counterfeited more pervasively than Cold Steel? If so, I'm not aware of it. Unfortunately, time for an update.

Another fake push dagger.

image_zpshrjnrarq.jpg

Two different handle styles on this cheap Rajah II/III ripoff. (Neither the photo nor the knife are labeled Cold Steel, but the accompanying ad copy claimed these were Cold Steel Rajahs/Spartans.)
image_zpsgu1alh61.jpg

Counterfeit Rajah II with partial serrations.
image_zpssgnes9lu.jpg

The Peacent first warned us about the phony Rawles Voyagers, but it looks like the variety of blade styles and finishes has grown.

image_zpsttt5jr25.jpg

Counterfeit XL Vaqueros, which I hadn't seen before.

image_zpsdgmxwaas.jpg

The Voyager boxes look extremely realistic and the knives even come with extra left-side pocket clips (with stamped logos, no less)!

image_zpsfmnb2df6.jpg

-Steve
:eek: These XL Voyager clones I've seen most recently appear just too dang close to the real deal for comfort . IIRC I've seen a review where the clone was disassembled . The guts looked like a Triad lock to me :confused:! How can you tell these from the genuine article ? o_O

That's crazy. I guess buy from
1. Authorized dealer
And
2. Authorized dealer that doesn't accept returns

o_O

don't know if I posted this pic of this POS counterfeit I had, but just for laughs...

DSC07158_zpswy3c9eql.jpg

lasted two weeks at most

Damn....I would not have recognized that OD AK 47 as a fake. But they managed to sharpen it all the way back to the notch :-D

Lots of really good fakes in this batch. Some of them I almost couldn't believe were counterfeits myself. But trust me, I pulled every one of those photos from sites that sell nothing but forgeries.

-Steve

Lots of really good fakes in this batch. Some of them I almost couldn't believe were counterfeits myself. But trust me, I pulled every one of those photos from sites that sell nothing but forgeries.

-Steve
:) Much thanks for posting this ! Only by educating ourselves and others in detecting these fakes can we avoid being "took" :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:. I've noticed the Voyager clones being sold on Fleabay for $45 from a US address :mad:, not just Hong Kong . Buyer beware !

Just got a counterfeit SRK. Amazing similarity. Along with Microtech, the copies are basically perfect. You really have to only order from a recognizable dealer if you want the legit product.

Folks, is the big river site fairly safe for CS knives?

I have bought all of my good knives (CS, BM, ZT, Spyderco, etc.) from reputable and authorized dealers to date, but the big A does have some good CS deals from time to time.....

Folks, is the big river site fairly safe for CS knives?

I have bought all of my good knives (CS, BM, ZT, Spyderco, etc.) from reputable and authorized dealers to date, but the big A does have some good CS deals from time to time.....
I've done fine buying there , especially as a Prime member . Note that your returns may not be free or easy from the sellers that are not specifically marked as warranted by the site . "Fulfillment by Amazon" . I've gotten some genuine but kinda rough looking product from some of the other merchants that sell there.

Can't get a knife checked out for function like is possible to request from KnifeCenter and other sponsors .

Last edited:
I've done fine buying there , especially as a Prime member . Note that your returns may not be free or easy from the sellers that are not specifically marked as warranted by the site . "Fulfillment by Amazon" . I've gotten some genuine but kinda rough looking product from some of the other merchants that sell there.

Can't get a knife checked out for function like is possible to request from KnifeCenter and other sponsors .

Plus KnifeCenter has some smoking deals too.

The big river place is not free from counterfeits. Many people sell through them, so fakes do show up. If the price sounds like too much of a bargain ...... it is.

Back