• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Counterfeit knife listed on Arizona Custom Knives

I think that everyone makes mistakes. It's about the intent, not the error.

Was it their intention to deceive? Did they knowingly list a fake as a genuine item? I am certain they did not.
Every company makes mistakes especially now when they are not functioning at full capacity due to current circumstances.

I have done a lot of business with ACK over the years. I have found them great to deal with. However it is obvious to me that many of their employees are generally not "knife guys". They are ordinary folks who need a job and have learned much just by being there. Bladeforums is a repository of amazing knowledge and to us what seems natural to know, is just not widely known.

Some years ago I attended the U.S. Guild Show in Louisville Kentucky. I was introduced to a well known dealer who had some beautiful knives on his table. This dealer is a household name and many people deferred to his extensive knowledge. While talking to him I said how nice it was to see Tom Maringer at his first Guild Show in many years. The dealers answer......."Who is he, what does he make?"
No-one knows everything about everything.

Did ACK make a mistake?........Yes.

Was it their intention to deceive?...........No.

A mistake happened and they corrected it.

Pretty much sums it up here ......

(Pics at the bottom)
Thought I was tripping out when I first saw this. Endured several self-inflicted pinches before I realized it wasn't a hallucination.

Some of you may think it's not a big deal, its just a Sog, but think of this this way; let's give ACK the benefit of the doubt and say that they didn't know it was a counterfeit. Which means they failed to verify a blatantly obvious fake; the name on the knife doesn't even match the design, and that design with that colour scheme is non existent any legitimate Sog. Nowhere in the description does it say it is a counterfeit either.

So given this, it is very possible that other knives posted on their site are counterfeit. Imagine a better made counterfeit that is faithful to the real design. If ACK can't tell between this awfully fake Sog, how can they tell the difference with other more expensive knives?

It's a blatantly obvious fake sog this time. You can tell from the pictures. What if next time it's a very well made counterfeit sebenza that you cannot distinguish from the pictures?

Besides the pictures of this, nothing in the description points to it being a counterfeit. Even the price would suggest it is legitimate.

Its selling for $195, but through a quick search on google images I found an archive of an Ebay listing of the same knife for $22. You can see in the last pic.

View attachment 1335551 View attachment 1335552 View attachment 1335553

D
I noticed you have not posted since you opened this thread. What are your thoughts on what has been said so far?

Back