• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

COUNTY KNIFE STORE (Intercourse, PA

Hey, just wanted to share my experience here. I visited this store recently. What a beautiful place. Don't know if anyone had thought of going there. If you did, you should. Great selection and decent prices for a brick and mortar store. I rushed through and spent an hour there but could have easily been two.

Anyone else been there?

I was there many years ago. Nice store but didn't carry anything I wanted at that moment.
Rich

I've been there several times. I'm all about supporting the local guy, but.....................

Their prices are silly high and the last time there, I couldn't get any help. The fellas behind the counters were yapping it up amongst themselves and I hated to "bother" them.

I have a local sorting store with guns n knives where I live and what a shame that they do the same thing. They make u feel like an outsider as in what r u doing here boy u ain’t been turkey hinting befo?!! It could be a great store.
I had asked for a ankle holster for my carry gun and parents went to find one there and were asked why u want that for? U don’t want that!! They wound up leaving lol

You used to be able to buy t-shirts in Intercourse that said "I'VE SEEN INTERCOURSE," and then in little letters "Pennsylvania".

They were a big hit with the parents when our middle school "know your government" trip rolled off the bus when we got back home to our small, New England town.:p

Been in there a few times. Last time was a few years ago and all the price tag were turned face down so you have to ask what anything costs. Their website prices on many things are absurdly high. I am in the area often but no longer even go in to browse.

I've been there several times. I'm all about supporting the local guy, but.....................

Their prices are silly high and the last time there, I couldn't get any help. The fellas behind the counters were yapping it up amongst themselves and I hated to "bother" them.
Same experience here, 3 different times. The last time was ok, an employee actually asked if I wanted to look at anything. Prices and general attitudes have kept me from purchasing.

Got a Spyderco PM2 from them online, brown/s35vn and they had the best price I could find.
That was quite a few years ago though...

I agree prices are a bit high but I am a big fan of the local brick and mortar store so if i can, I will pay a higher price to support the man.

When visiting the in-laws I thought about stopping in there. I saw prices online and passed. The wife hates when I go window shopping.

It's family run, Mr, Mrs, kid, and reflects the local mores, like not bothering window shoppers who don't buy. I've been there many times and get asked at least once if I need help. If I say no they leave me be until I politely interrupt their conversation with the mailman. That's the PA Dutch way, local customs, local store. I've watched their kid grow up over the years. If you didn't get help, you didn't ask, but they won't be rude to the one they're with..

They cater to the tourist crowd thus MSRP is not uncommon. They carry a wide variety and you can see knives there you won't see elsewhere, WH closeouts, David Boye, Queen, Douk Douk, Mercator, etc. I bought a WH closeout and a Boye custom for a fair price. Brian the owner is very knowledgeable, he even corrects Bernard Levine and his collectible knives have been featured in Bernard's column for Knife World and Knif Mag.

Back