CPK and Whisky (or other vices), a pictorial

I mean there are those who say one little cube opens it up...I suppose there's some legitimacy to that. I've had it both ways.

But, I take my single malt and my bourbon neat.
I’m hip. I’ve always enjoyed my scotch/whiskey/bourbon neat.

These days I can’t drink most whiskey and bourbons - they just taste too sweet (and put me in touch with some darkness). But I used to enjoy them thoroughly. Possibly too much.

I’m hip. I’ve always enjoyed my scotch/whiskey/bourbon neat:
These days I can’t drink most whiskey and bourbons - they just taste too sweet (and put me in touch with some darkness). But I used to enjoy them thoroughly. Possibly too much.
I prefer a little bite. That's what I like about that JTS Brown bourbon. It growls a little.

But I hear ya. I can't take overly sweet bourbon, and I need the peat and the heat from single malt or I lose interest. I'm not much of a drinker these days.

Drinking days are behind me, but what I remember with fondness are anything from Balvenie (esp the Doublewood and the Caribbean cask), Lagavulin 16 , Macallan 12 and gallons of sour beer.
I have a little bit of Balvenie Doublewood and most of a bottle of Macallan 12 which didn't make it into yesterday's image. (Those are two my wife will drink on occasion...she doesn't care for peaty malts.)

Most days I just have a beer.

Occasionally wine.

A little small batch Kentucky straight Bourbon whiskey from Barton master distillers and Kirkland :p

SXhejqh.jpg

Back