CPK and Whisky (or other vices), a pictorial

Something a bit local for me this evening.

pbipGYk.jpg

Probably sick of seeing my DEK but it is the one that I tend to carry the most these days - the sheath/clip setup is brilliant for my needs.

Got a few new ones in today, diving into the Scotch first and am trying all the other stuff in between.

DRyA8hj.jpg

dVTBEi2.jpg

Probably sick of seeing my DEK but it is the one that I tend to carry the most these days - the sheath/clip setup is brilliant for my needs.

Got a few new ones in today, diving into the Scotch first and am trying all the other stuff in between.

DRyA8hj.jpg

dVTBEi2.jpg
Nice, I could make some noise at your place! (partly by turning your yard into a shooting range...)

So how's the Rock Town?

If I’m being honest, it’s a bit rough. There are some GREAT flavors in there but the harshness is a little hard to overcome. I might add a few drops of water and see how that plays out. Single barrels can be hit and miss for me - you experience enough of them and you realize the hype doesn’t necessarily translate to good whiskey. There is a reason why there are master blenders at notable distilleries.

So is it sweet or dry?
It's like the sweeter side of the bourbon spectrum...think Maker's etc. I bought it for my wife earlier this year as something that she might like, (though she likes the "standard" bourbons), and she does.

I like it once in a blue moon as well. I ran into it while at the ABC store looking for some bourbon, including "wheated" bourbons. It's a Heaven Hill brand, like Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna, Evan Williams etc. It had been recommended by some folks on another board I visit.

It's inexpensive to boot...

Back