CPK Behemoth Chopper

A couple of old proto pics. :thumbsup:

0qtWUXZ.jpg

kvKZXva.jpg

Can someone give a mini review of the smashed Cat sheath
I owned a mash cat sheath for my FK and it was phenomenal. Literally the best sheath I have ever experienced. So nice and tight but with an easy disengagement should you draw the knife.
If that is anything to gauge his other sheaths by, then he is well above other sheath makers that I have experienced from custom or factory makers.

^that's pretty light, what weight leather are you using?

Mine arrived today! Quite literally, the drizzle stopped, the sky parted..and then there was this long white box on my front porch. I am acutely impressed by the design, execution and overall quality of this knife. Thank you CPK team! You guys are awesome!

On a side note..I'm a pretty big guy and I've done filipino martial arts off and on for years. And after handling this knife for a few minutes, I am newly impressed by Jo's performance on Knife or Death: This is a Big Damn Knife!

I'll try to get some pics over the weekend. Thanks again CPK!

Extremely well balanced in the hand and crazy sharp. What a great knife.
Our sheath weighs in at 4.6 ounces and keeps it snug on your waist with a low profile that does not get in the way and is easy to stow in a pack.

JGngka9.jpg

1kElaWZ.jpg

I can attest that his sheath for a big knife is light (incredibly so) and holds a knife well, and at an incredible price to boot. Recently picked up one for my Busse NMFBM, and I absolutely love it! Top notch craftsman!

Can someone give a mini review of the smashed Cat sheath

I have 2, both are VERY form fitting.

On one of them, I have to kinda lever the handle down to break the sheath's grip and then draw out on it.

On the other, it's a two-handed affair for sure because I have to actually get my fingers in there in pry the pancake apart to deploy.

Sheaths, especially Kydex, are always a security vs. ease of access kind of proposition for me. And Eric's sheaths are the closest to the perfect balance of those properties with every one of his creations I've owned. But with these the balance is more skewed to the "secure retention" side that the others I've got. Not a terribly bad thing especially if you like a really secure hold on your blade. But I've definitavely gotta be more mindful, deliberate <and thus, slower>, to draw out of these Behemoth pancakes.

Could be the sheaths, or my grippy handle material <Tt & unbufnatchcan>, or a function of handle shape, or a combo of those factors.

Maybe it's just me...it usually is. :oops:

Last edited:
I have 2, both are VERY form fitting.

On one of them, I have to kinda lever the handle down to break the sheath's grip and then draw out on it.

On the other, it's a two-handed affair for sure because I have to actually get my fingers in there in pry the pancake apart to deploy.

Sheaths, especially Kydex, are always a security vs. ease of access kind of proposition for me. And Eric's sheaths are the closest to the perfect balance of those properties with every one of his creations I've owned. But with these the balance is more skewed to the "secure retention" side that the others I've got. Not a terribly bad thing especially if you like a really secure hold on your blade. But I've definitavely gotta be more mindful, deliberate <and thus, slower>, to draw out of these Behemoth pancakes.

Could be the sheaths, or my grippy handle material <Tt & unbufnatchcan>, or a function of handle shape, or a combo of those factors.

Maybe it's just me...it usually is. :oops:

If they are Ebonite, then I guess it’s the Ebonite. I had the same problem, I had to separate the back of kydex a little wth my index finger to get it started. However, the Mashed Cat sheath fit and worked perfectly with my Tero Tuf proto. So I switched my proto to the Mashed Cat, and my Ebonite production BC to Grog’s Crusader Dragon Sheath, and all is well.

image.jpeg image.jpeg F6EF4DD5-41B4-4791-9941-00199C8FDB16.jpeg 3333AA27-39EF-409A-B453-F818A93F42E0.jpeg
A Big Damn Knife arrived today to New Mexico. I luv the unbuffed natural Micarta handles.
Feels great in my hand, arrived razor sharp!
Thank you CPK crew: Overjoyed with my purchase!
:)

Attachments

• A3DBD703-453E-4967-9E8E-A94BD0826DF7.jpeg
    A3DBD703-453E-4967-9E8E-A94BD0826DF7.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 13
Back