CPK Behemoth Chopper

The Behemoth Chopper will always reign supreme!
ZuAxnhf.jpg

FAUk4LT.jpg

Looks more like a sword than knife, haha.

For you guys that have a BC, do you find you use it more than say a light chopper, or medium chopper, or heavy chopper?
Im in the market for one of Nates choppers.
I have a line on a BC, but my first impressions are , DAMN THATS A BIG KNIFE.
So im wondering your guys usage factor, or should i just be patient and hold out for one of the other choppers that dont require a sherpa to carry your knife for you. Lol

It’s a big damn knife. I don’t/haven’t owned any of the other choppers but I do have a BC. I think having owned the BC first the HDMC I have on order will seem short. Time will tell.
It’s not unwieldy. And if your willing to carry a 10” chopper, why not a 12”?
You can always try the BC and sell it if it’s too large.

You won’t sell it.

Looks more like a sword than knife, haha.

For you guys that have a BC, do you find you use it more than say a light chopper, or medium chopper, or heavy chopper?
Im in the market for one of Nates choppers.
I have a line on a BC, but my first impressions are , DAMN THATS A BIG KNIFE.
So im wondering your guys usage factor, or should i just be patient and hold out for one of the other choppers that dont require a sherpa to carry your knife for you. Lol

the only knife I haven't used, and don't have in my toolbox, (knifebox?) is an MC. Trying one of those out might change my opinion, but...

If I could only have one CPK chopper, it would be the LC. It's an extremely versatile and safe knife.

Of course, once you get one, you'll discover that its versatility imposes some specific limitations, and inevitably start collecting the others as you can afford them (or not, lol) and realize that- since you are here- the odds of sticking with just one are pretty bad for your bank account :)

BC is a fantastic knife, though, and if you score one you won't be sorry. Especially if it's not your cup of tea and you decide to sell it. CPKs don't seem to stick around on the classifieds for long...

Fine guys, your arm twisting is painful. enough already. Lol
My bank account already hates me. I sure better pick up new clients this year. Lol
Contemplating selling my Thorburn, but prob not. Hah

I went from 0 to 60 on cpk in less than a nanosecod.

I went from none to edc3, ufk, hdfk, and about to pull the trigger on bc.
Good lord i must be crazy.

I went from 0 to 60 on cpk in less than a nanosecod.

I went from none to edc3, ufk, hdfk, and about to pull the trigger on bc.
Good lord i must be crazy.
That's not uncommon when folks discover CPK.

If you're a knife nut and appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail that Nate puts into every aspect of a knife's performance, it's almost impossible not to start accumulating them lol.

A lot of knifemakers focus more on the aesthetics (and there's nothing wrong with that. Some of those are works of art wrought in steel).

While time and thought are put into how a CPK looks, the amount of refinement put into how they function is where the CPK magic lies. From the handle ergonomics to the weight, blade shape, grinds, and all the way to testing different steels and optimizing the heat treat to maximize the desired properties.

There's simply no other company around putting that much effort and refinement into the performance of their knives at anywhere close to these pricepoints.

As for the BC itself, I thus far have the BC, MC and LC. They're all great choppers.

- I'll grab the BC if I know I'll be chopping thicker stuff with it, simply because the advantage in chopping power is significant (and not just for trees/logs. The BC doesn't require a really hard swing to go right through limbs and branches that may take 2-3 chops with the smaller choppers).

- while I do like the LC, I tend to gravitate more towards it for lighter stuff. While I have chopped through 8" thick logs with it (and it'll do it just fine), the other 2 have noticeable advantages in chopping power. Where the LC shines is brush clearing. It's lighter weight not only allows you to swing it longer before fatigue starts to set in, the lighter weight allows for faster blade speeds, which helps when cutting lighter, springy stuff. A longer version of the LC would be AWESOME! Lorien Lorien ;)

- for me, the MC is the Goldilocks chopper, simply because I like Large Camp Knives with blades in the 9-10" range (a Cold Steel Trailmaster played the role of LCK for years. Whoever designed that handle isn't too familiar with human hands).

I've gotten used to using knives in this size range for doing most things (where other folks may prefer the HDFK's size). I prefer the added heft of the MC over the LC, for a general do-all big blade LCK. The BC is a bit bigger than I'm used to for smaller up close tasks. I've got an HDMC on preorder and will compare them to see which one becomes the LCK of choice.

the only knife I haven't used, and don't have in my toolbox, (knifebox?) is an MC. Trying one of those out might change my opinion, but...

If I could only have one CPK chopper, it would be the LC. It's an extremely versatile and safe knife.

Of course, once you get one, you'll discover that its versatility imposes some specific limitations, and inevitably start collecting the others as you can afford them (or not, lol) and realize that- since you are here- the odds of sticking with just one are pretty bad for your bank account :)

BC is a fantastic knife, though, and if you score one you won't be sorry. Especially if it's not your cup of tea and you decide to sell it. CPKs don't seem to stick around on the classifieds for long...

Lorien Lorien , if you want to try out a medium chopper, shoot me a message and I'll send mine North for a bit. Serious offer. Mine's already broke in. I'm with bluemax_1, the MC hit the sweet spot for me.

619F132D-9499-43F4-98BE-5737BC0BF18A.jpeg DADC25AE-A389-432C-8CDE-0F458BCE59DA.jpeg C06744BF-26A6-4D79-9B85-888933380C0A.jpeg

The last time I hacked down the fountain grass I used my HDFK. It wasn’t a problem for the HDFK, but it also wasn’t the best tool for the job.
In years past, I used my Becker BK4.
I usually do this in the fall, but I knew my BC was due to arrive by years end. The weather had gone bad by the time I got the BC. Today it was finally nice out and I had the time to tend to it.
It was so much easier this year!
It was all about the tip speed (and because it’s so fiendishly sharp)!
Thanks CPK!

Attachments

• 2C7C5638-FB5C-4013-9A07-200C32FAF151.jpeg
    2C7C5638-FB5C-4013-9A07-200C32FAF151.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back