CPK Boot Daggers

These gonna' be rarer than hen's teeth, and only a lucky few will get one. Hope I will be one, but have no misconceptions that I will.
I believe I read somewhere that these would be a pre-order. They are K18 remains, so I think there are 120 or 130 of those, so in theory, should be the same amount of these daggers.

I, for one, am in favor of a pre-order on these. Friday sales are fun, and I have had my ups and downs with those. But a "one time" pre order on these would give at least a few minutes to put in a order. Also, it could be limited to one per customer, where as the Friday sales have many of the same winners for consecutive sales when new platforms are launched.

Anyway, I just need a time and a place to try and grab one of these and I'll be there !!!

I believe I read somewhere that these would be a pre-order. They are K18 remains, so I think there are 120 or 130 of those, so in theory, should be the same amount of these daggers.

I, for one, am in favor of a pre-order on these. Friday sales are fun, and I have had my ups and downs with those. But a "one time" pre order on these would give at least a few minutes to put in a order. Also, it could be limited to one per customer, where as the Friday sales have many of the same winners for consecutive sales when new platforms are launched.

Anyway, I just need a time and a place to try and grab one of these and I'll be there !!!

I am fairly sure NTM said it was far fewer than that, maybe 40. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit... I'm wrong .... he said back when he first mentioned thwm... " This will also yield about 100-120 of my little dagger project that fits in some of the material drops."

As a self styled fashionista, I would like to know if the CPK-BD is best to be worn with biker style boots or cowboy style boots? Also, would the CPK-BD still be considered as a fashion statement when worn with steel toe work boots? Lastly, how else in here wear boots without socks ala going commando at their south pole?

Crazy and probably controversial notion: what about offering each of the folks who prepaid/pre-ordered a K-18 the option of buying 1 CPK boot-dagger per buyer (not per # of K-18’s ordered)?

Enabling them to get one of these gems outside of the mayhem/feeding frenzy would be a pretty cool thank-you to the CPK supporters who funded the K-18 AND it would/should still leave a decent number of CPK-BD’s available for the good folks who didn’t pre-order.

Not saying that preorder-ers are somehow entitled, just that it would be pretty wonderful end-of-year for all of us who have been patiently salivating.

All that said, I’d not hesitate to order 4 or 5 if I could — 1 each for my immediate family and 1 for a close friend. I don’t expect this last one to be an option but would lay down payment ASAP if I could...

Crazy and probably controversial notion: what about offering each of the folks who prepaid/pre-ordered a K-18 the option of buying 1 CPK boot-dagger per buyer (not per # of K-18’s ordered)?

Enabling them to get one of these gems outside of the mayhem/feeding frenzy would be a pretty cool thank-you to the CPK supporters who funded the K-18 AND it would/should still leave a decent number of CPK-BD’s available for the good folks who didn’t pre-order.

Not saying that preorder-ers are somehow entitled, just that it would be pretty wonderful end-of-year for all of us who have been patiently salivating.

All that said, I’d not hesitate to order 4 or 5 if I could — 1 each for my immediate family and 1 for a close friend. I don’t expect this last one to be an option but would lay down payment ASAP if I could...

The potential issue I see with that is that Nathan has said that there are fewer BDs than K18s, so it is quite possible that there would be none left for those that didn't buy a K18.

I like this idea (not least because I have a K-18 on order and also have not had good luck on the Friday sales).

I like that plan in that I’ve pre-ordered a K18 and securing a BD would be excellent, but the issues I see with this is you’re alienating part of the customer base who is not into swords, but is into daggers. More importantly, this would cause extra work for Jo.

I think the last I heard there was going to be one big sale for the 100 or so that would be available, in theory allowing those with slower connections a chance to secure a BD. I think this is probably the most reasonable way to handle this, although the reality is this will definitely break the forum, and quite possibly the internet.

I like that plan in that I’ve pre-ordered a K18 and securing a BD would be excellent, but the issues I see with this is you’re alienating part of the customer base who is not into swords, but is into daggers. More importantly, this would cause extra work for Jo.

I think the last I heard there was going to be one big sale for the 100 or so that would be available, in theory allowing those with slower connections a chance to secure a BD. I think this is probably the most reasonable way to handle this, although the reality is this will definitely break the forum, and quite possibly the internet.

I was going to do a single large sale to make it a longer slower sale, but the logistics of that aren't working out so well. I have the first half starting heat treat now but the second half won't even be ready for heat treat for another month. As we're running out of DEK1 and the Kephart isn't even on the mills yet I'm running out of inventory to sell. This is the K18 logjam. When that first half is ready I'm going to have to sell it rather than sit on it, otherwise I won't have new inventory for my Friday sales.

I was going to do a single large sale to make it a longer slower sale, but the logistics of that aren't working out so well. I have the first half starting heat treat now but the second half won't even be ready for heat treat for another month. As we're running out of DEK1 and the Kephart isn't even on the mills yet I'm running out of inventory to sell. This is the K18 logjam. When that first half is ready I'm going to have to sell it rather than sit on it, otherwise I won't have new inventory for my Friday sales.
I'll happily buy one in a large sale, even if the delivery is delayed or staggered...

Back