CPK Boot Daggers

Paul recently made a couple for me: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bill-bagwell-style-birds-head-bowies.1758316/

More generally, a google search for Paul Long sheaths should produce some good examples.
Many pieces photographed by Coop and shown in his gallery on SharpbyCoop include sheaths by Paul.
There are many examples in the CPK in leather thread in this subforum as he recently did a bunch of those.

The detailing on your and other sheathes I found on google images is incredible!

It has arrived!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reminded me of many Christmas mornings spent trying to extract the son's toys out of their packaging:mad::eek::D

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

With the knife I used to open it

IMG_0251.jpg

And was able to get the W77 sheath to work...kinda. But it's not really worthy of such a fine blade.

IMG_0252.jpg

It has arrived!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reminded me of many Christmas mornings spent trying to extract the son's toys out of their packaging:mad::eek::D

View attachment 1456161

View attachment 1456162

View attachment 1456163

With the knife I used to open it

View attachment 1456164

And was able to get the W77 sheath to work...kinda. But it's not really worthy of such a fine blade.

View attachment 1456176

Very nice. After your previous post I measured my W77 sheath and based on the specs I also thought it should fit.
Like you I don't think that old sheath is worthy, which is why my dagger is headed directly to Paul.

^^^
(TRfromMT goes immediately to the sales thread to see where he placed relative to H Hundred Acre Wood )

I was tricked by my own stupidity (wouldn't be the first time that's happened). The shipping notice was for my DEK1 pre-order, not the dagger.

While not the stunning beauty I'm awaiting, this AEB-L DEK1 is fabulous and fits my hand like a glove. I guess I'll need to buy another in D3V.

I was tricked by my own stupidity (wouldn't be the first time that's happened). The shipping notice was for my DEK1 pre-order, not the dagger.

While not the stunning beauty I'm awaiting, this AEB-L DEK1 is fabulous and fits my hand like a glove. I guess I'll need to buy another in D3V.

^^^(Immediately goes to the DEK1 pre-order thread to see where he placed relative to H Hundred Acre Wood )

You guys, someone in my household was in immediate, close, and unmasked contact with someone for nearly three hours on Sunday who was sick on Monday and positive for coronavirus today.

That can mean only one thing. I need another Boot Dagger to stab all those little viruses.

You and 200 other folks. I had no idea that they started shipping . . . I figured it would not be until 2021.

FTR . . . he was SECOND on the list.

The other thing though is it didn't look like he didn't have a complicated order, so he might be getting it even faster. Those of us with Mystery Wood or blade modifications or other-than-stonewashed finish might have to wait longer. :( I did see in the thread that Jo is editing posts and his is the only one so far she has marked "shipped," with the first poster also not having been shipped yet, apparently.

Yet still, hope remains for DEK1 preorder and K18 deliveries before the end of 2020! We may still be able to say that 2020 sucked donkey nuts, but we got our CPK preorders!

You guys, someone in my household was in immediate, close, and unmasked contact with someone for nearly three hours on Sunday who was sick on Monday and positive for coronavirus today.

That can mean only one thing. I need another Boot Dagger to stab all those little viruses.

The other thing though is it didn't look like he didn't have a complicated order, so he might be getting it even faster. Those of us with Mystery Wood or blade modifications or other-than-stonewashed finish might have to wait longer. :( I did see in the thread that Jo is editing posts and his is the only one so far she has marked "shipped," with the first poster also not having been shipped yet, apparently.

Yet still, hope remains for DEK1 preorder and K18 deliveries before the end of 2020! We may still be able to say that 2020 sucked donkey nuts, but we got our CPK preorders!

Hope you guys are ok.

The loaner dagger arrived and we'll get this party under way. I have eleven of you guys on the build list so it will be maybe as long as two weeks before the last sheath makes it to your door barring any unexpected delays.

Right on Paul! I can’t wait to see the beautiful creations you come up with. Thanks again for allowing us to use your dagger Richard!

Sorry about the rona. Hope you escaped its clutches!

IIRC, the K18 preorder was more than a year before the DEK1. I would not hold out much hope for DEK1 in 2020, as that would be way ahead of what was originally projected/guessed. I'm thinking maybe DEK1s are done by end of 2021.

Back