CPK Boot Daggers

Nathan and Paul’s work go together kinda like John and Paul.:thumbsup::D
e6EzL5d.jpg

zlgQnvM.jpg

qpvRWpF.jpg

C0ylHqb.jpg

Mine shipped today. Paul mentioned that he did a total of something like 15 sheaths. I hope we get to see pics of as many as possible to see what everyone came up with...
Gus, I love how the inlay on yours implies the blade profile when sheathed.

Scales for the above are ironwood and chittum burl, split twice to be book matched and mirrored along the centerline. The rib down the middle is micarta (edge cut, of course) and suppised to invoke the central rib in Nathan's original integral daggers.

qwGzz5Rl.jpg

I got the ironwood specifically because of the strong diagonal bias in the rays in the grain to highlight the mirror image effect.

The chittum came from two pieces that separately were too small for knife handles. But I thought they may work for this idea, too. I think the chevron pattern is very cool.

Last edited:
Scales for the above are ironwood and amboyna burl, split twice to be book matched and mirrored along the centerline. The rib down the middle is micarta (edge cut, of course) and suppised to invoke the central rib in Nathan's original integral daggers.

qwGzz5Rl.jpg

I got the ironwood specifically because of the strong diagonal bias in the rays in the grain to highlight the mirror image effect.

The amboyna came from to pieces that separately were too small for knife handles. But I thought they may work for this idea, too. I think the chevron pattern is very cool.
Tony you continue to impress with your wood working skills!:eek: What’s next?;):)

Scales for the above are ironwood and chittum burl, split twice to be book matched and mirrored along the centerline. The rib down the middle is micarta (edge cut, of course) and suppised to invoke the central rib in Nathan's original integral daggers.

qwGzz5Rl.jpg

The chittum came from two pieces that separately were too small for knife handles. But I thought they may work for this idea, too. I think the chevron pattern is very cool.
So, now that you have your system all figured out...;)

Actually, it's not as easy as I thought. There is a third set I am going to scrap. They are not drilled on center... :(

Added to the box of a few dozen sets of scrap 1911 grips. Comes with the territory.
Yeah....happens to the best of us:( Nice new avatar pic!:D

Back