CPK Boot Daggers

Dr. Unc. Matty doesn't exactly make the best acronym but if that is what it would take to make m a CPK-BD owner, call me DUM for short as much as you'd like :D

Note: I said DUM for short and not for sh*t. Doesn't cross this line!

Surprised no one mentioned the warped knife in the stack behind the boot knives in post 16.
Sorry, was just eyeballing all those choppers behind and saw that gap in the second stack.

Surprised no one mentioned the warped knife in the stack behind the boot knives in post 16.
Sorry, was just eyeballing all those choppers behind and saw that gap in the second stack.

It looks like there's a piece of metal shaving or something between them.

I agree that's probably a metal chip stuck between them (I didn't realize a picture of in process blanks was going to be closely scrutinized, I'll have to keep that in mind), but long skinny pieces like this do move around some during grinding and machining and even more during heat treat. They get fixtured flat for machining operations and also during tempers. We never try to straighten a piece by bending it past yield and letting it spring back, we utilize fixturing and shims during the final steps of the heat treat process to get it within a flatness tolerance, which is measured on a granite surface plate with feeler gauges.

My point being, that piece probably isn't particularly bent, but if you look closely, none of it is flat (yet)

I saw that too, but felt compelled to give you a hard time anyways. It’s kind of my nature to give people a hard time. I know your work is top notch and would never make that far if it was messed up.

Processes, shmossessess. As long as it resembles the print, let r rip.
I agree that's probably a metal chip stuck between them (I didn't realize a picture of in process blanks was going to be closely scrutinized, I'll have to keep that in mind), but long skinny pieces like this do move around some during grinding and machining and even more during heat treat. They get fixtured flat for machining operations and also during tempers. We never try to straighten a piece by bending it past yield and letting it spring back, we utilize fixturing and shims during the final steps of the heat treat process to get it within a flatness tolerance, which is measured on a granite surface plate with feeler gauges.

My point being, that piece probably isn't particularly bent, but if you look closely, none of it is flat (yet)

Who owns this 4 inch Dagger? :eek::D
119177804_338096090725586_6431339154169626532_n.jpg

Back