CPK Boot Daggers

Pretty sure that it's called TikTok which is what the up-post was referring to. Your son may just be at the ripe age demographically for that social network platform and your daughter may be getting ta bit oo old for it!!! I dunno now, but TikTok was really for the kiddos a while back till the creepers and the pervs got into it, much like anything else which had meant well but devolved into an entirely different thing altogether! Reminds me of the quote attributed to Sophocles: "Nothing vast enters the life of mortals without a curse."
I'm not sure the TikTok demographic is into high end $$$ Knives.

That said, the thought of Nathan dancing with knives IS amusing :p

It’s wonderful you spend so much time here Nathan but if it comes at the cost of less CPK steel in your fans hands, then at least I hope you enjoy the banter!

The only problem with a fancy new website will be more people challenging the internet bandwidth between us and CPK on Fridays. Luckily your “folks” are so generous with proxy and secondary sales activity.

I wouldn't call popping in once in a while, "so much time".

I'm not sure the TikTok demographic is into high end $$$ Knives.

That said, the thought of Nathan dancing with knives IS amusing :p
You may be right . Didn't think of it that way. Then again, I guess I don't consider CPK knives $$$ knives.

Here are a couple of my $$$ knives.

loveless_fracassi_180412-2_smallest-jpg.1445028

Tembo Bowie_Smaller.jpg

My sales model (and internet forums in general) are becoming antiquated. It's probably time for us to adapt.

I was just thinking about this conundrum last night. Throughout all of modern human history technology has evolved enormously during individual lifetimes. Which means people have always needed to adapt to changing times. It's probably one of the things that has made our species so successful and now it is making my head hurt trying to figure out how to do four axis machining on a horizontal at 45 years old. It just doesn't come as quick as it did when I was a kid.

I don't want to learn how to do websites. It just isn't interesting to me. It's not how I want to spend my time. I just don't care. I have other work I need to do. Ugh.
this is why you need someone else to help. Websites are easy to build now, and tweak. Gone are the days where only your webguy can tweak your site- now you can log in, switch photos around, update inventory etc. It helps to have someone who knows how to take care of the general stuff, but for all the little details you can have full control. If I can do it you can, too. Shopify and Wix are two options I found with a quick search

For how many years have I been haranguing you about your website? You need to think of it as a webstore- a place where all your social media can be found and where all your social media points people to. You just need to dial in that space as you would any physical environment to suit your needs and the way you want to be seen by the public.

Last edited:
I just don't have time to dedicate to it. Every time I mess with it I have to reteach myself. I need somebody who can just make it easy for me.
I hope you get lucky with finding a good person. I have had mixed experiences with this. The person needs to be competent and creative, but also flexible. They need to listen and change course if you don't like the direction they go in. I have worked with some good people and that can be great, but I wish I bailed earlier on some others...

I just don't have time to dedicate to it. Every time I mess with it I have to reteach myself. I need somebody who can just make it easy for me.
Don’t be intimidated by the notion of keeping up with it at all Jo. As Lorien said, Wordpress is ridiculously easy to use with a bunch of templates already available that I am sure will fit the bill. You just upload pics and text and run with it. Bluehost has been a reliable and inexpensive host. I am certain with very little cash and a few hours on the couch in the evening with Sadie keeping Nathan out of your hair, you could put together an attractive, easy to navigate site that will be as good as anyone’s or better. You will then have complete familiarity with it on the back end and changes can be made as needed on a whim quickly.
I don’t believe there is much need to pay outsiders thousands of dollars for simple websites anymore.

You may be right . Didn't think of it that way. Then again, I guess I don't consider CPK knives $$$ knives.

Here are a couple of my $$$ knives.

loveless_fracassi_180412-2_smallest-jpg.1445028

View attachment 1508568
My impression is that anything over $15 would be a high end $$$ knife to the TikTok crowd. Now if you were trying to sell some $500 t-shirts or $3000 shoes, then yeah, go for it :p

Back