CPK EDC2

A little bird may have hinted about another EDC run several weeks ago.. but I certainly didn't want to spoil the fun..

I'll be in for 2.. for sure!

Im in for 2 haha one to use and one to keep mint. i already have 3 edc's but none in d3v so im excited about trying out the delta heat treat. I also really like subtle change to the blade shape to make it more like the fk.

I am wondering how this moved ahead of the MC, HC and the FK2. All those were on the "radar" before this i thought? Probably because of more demand ,and a easier spot on the schedule, because smaller is quicker to make.

I hopefully got in on (2). That antique Micarta is beautiful, so I'm hoping to get a set on one of 'em.

The EDC is by far my favorite fixed blade - so I can only imagine v2.0 will be a worthy successor.

One of the things that I love about CPK and Nathan's (and Lorien's) ethos is the fact that they are always looking for ways to improve - either on existing patterns and previous designs, or protoypes and new models.

Once again, they are sticking to what has proven to be successful and we are there to reap the benefits of their labor.

"Onward, and upward, and true to the line."

I picked one up and am looking forward to using the edc2. I took 2 minutes and quickly read the information on the presale page then put my order in. I couldn't believe I was already 40th!

I am wondering how this moved ahead of the MC, HC and the FK2. All those were on the "radar" before this i thought? Probably because of more demand ,and a easier spot on the schedule, because smaller is quicker to make.

Probably because it required the least amount of tweaking alongside with popularity according to the polls and the factors you have already mentioned. Up to Petey 2.1 posts, I have counted 101 units on the preorder list :eek:

I logged in at 5 and my connection :poop: the bed. :mad:
Im prob like 100 in line for multi color antique. :oops:

I logged in at 5 and my connection :poop: the bed. :mad:
Im prob like 100 in line for multi color antique. :oops:

Nathan said "..we get what we get.." ..so you probably have the same chance as anyone to get a nice streaky piece.

Today is one for the record books, for sure. For the time being I am going to sit out the EDC2 order. My small fixed blade knife needs are more than met with my EDC, and I will wait for the FK2 someday. I was thinking the EDC2 would be just a bit longer than the EDC. Nevertheless, with over a hundred on pre-order it is already a smash hit!

Nathan said "..we get what we get.." ..so you probably have the same chance as anyone to get a nice streaky piece.

^ There's probably some truth to that, but we'll try to match up scales to the requests if we can. The earlier orders probably have a better chance of getting a particular request. I haven't slabbed up the material for this order yet but most likely it will be mostly dark brown. So yeah, a hundred orders in there might not be a lot of high contrast stuff left. But who knows? This last run for the NASK yielded lots of interesting stuff.

^ There's probably some truth to that, but we'll try to match up scales to the requests if we can. The earlier orders probably have a better chance of getting a particular request. I haven't slabbed up the material for this order yet but most likely it will be mostly dark brown. So yeah, a hundred orders in there might not be a lot of high contrast stuff left. But who knows? This last run for the NASK yielded lots of interesting stuff.
:thumbsup::D

Lots of requests for antique micarta I see. Was considering it, but I couldn't bring myself to go brown.

Back