CPK Field Knife (FK1) - Mashed Cat Kydex Sheaths

Are you interested in an original Field Knife (FK1) Kydex Sheath from MashedCat Outfitters?

• Total voters

Benson X

Gold Member
Hey There CPK'ers,

I have been in contact with Eric @ Mashed Cat Outfitters ( Grandsuave Grandsuave ) to see about getting a small run of FK1 kydex sheaths made. I sent him my Field Knife to use while he is getting them made.

My FK should be delivered to him today (5/24) and he advised that it will be at least 5 weeks until he can get started on the sheaths. I anticipate at least the end of June until he can get going on them.

There were a few others who had expressed interest in getting a FK sheath from Eric, while he has the blade available. I am not sure if he will add them to his website as a "limited run" like he did with the KCC (thanks again to @donscpoo for using his KCC as the "donor blade" for those), but I will keep this thread updated with progress and info. to contact Eric for a sheath, if interested.

@untytled
@trevitrace

I thought there’d be a bit more interest in this. Especially a taco style. I have a great pancake style for mine (also mashed cat). But who doesn’t like tacos!
Not to mention the bonus of being able to get one without having to send my knife in.

View attachment 1136396 Pictures might help. I think I have a Mashed Cat pancake sheath—the one that came with my FK1, but I bought off the exchange. I really like it but I have nothing to compare it to.

If you are referring to the the original sheaths which came with the FK, as in your photo, they are not made by MashedCat. Those were made by Jared Corry for Carothers Knives (pre CPK).

View attachment 1136396 Pictures might help. I think I have a Mashed Cat pancake sheath—the one that came with my FK1, but I bought off the exchange. I really like it but I have nothing to compare it to.
That’s the original made by a different dude.
This is a Mashed Cat pancake sheath here. It has at least 2 years of everyday carry and it still works like new.
View attachment 1136408

Hey guys! I'm going to add this sheath to the Mashed Cat web page sometime tomorrow afternoon. I plan on holding the knife here for a couple weeks so anyone who has interest can get an order in before the knife goes back home.

Great BIG shoutout to Benson X for allowing the use of his knife for these sheaths and some fondling (sorry Ben)!

Thanks a lot buddy!!

Back