CPK folk are the best folk!

I haven't ventured out into the rest of this sub-forum in a while, but I'm glad to have found this thread. Excellent idea Lorien Lorien ! There are a few people that have affected/influenced me since owning my first CPK knife and being a part of this subforum...

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist , @Nathan the Machinist, Lorien Lorien , @CPK Mark: All of you have gone above and beyond to cultivate a successful brand and dedicated family of followers that should be the envy of any other knife company out there. Aside from creating, designing and crafting amazing knives (and specialty tools) - they have taken the time (EVERY time) to keep in communication with me and accommodating my eccentric requests, enduring my bad jokes and ridiculous puns, listening to and engaging with their users, even Nathan having a lapse in judgment (or maybe just the right amount of beer) to agree to "Zombify" my Behemoth Chopper! It is almost unheard of nowadays to receive that level of attention and personable service as a consumer - and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!!! :)

JustinFournier JustinFournier : Justin is a very generous guy...honest and humble, an altruist through and through. Through some recent communications, he had extended a very benevolent an unexpected offer to me, and I just wanted to say "Thank You" again for that. As it turns out, he is the most-local CPK'er to me (that I know of anyway) and also a Tacoma truck enthusiast - I hope someday soon we can meet up in-person and talk trucks and knives!!! Mod Day! :D

grogimus grogimus : Dan is a madman with leather. He worked with me to design a set of matching sheaths for my CPK choppers. I had a rough idea/style that I liked, and a specific color-scheme that I had in mind. He took my feedback and experimented with a few different designs, tried various dye and coloring techniques, and came up with some truly outstanding results. All the while, he kept in communication with me - sending pics and updates - and keeping me informed of the progress along the way. The man has great skill and integrity. I promise I will be posting pictures (soon), once I have my precious Choppers back in hand!

@Packerrat: Will is a kindred spirit from this sub-forum whom I was lucky enough to get to know a little more. He is now the owner of my old Light Chopper, and throughout our interactions it quickly became apparent that he and I had much in common - from beer and musical tastes, to our mutual love of the PNW and witty banter/jokes. We both agreed that we need to start some regional "CPK Gatherings", much like other knife-cult groups have done (Becker, ESEE etc.). Will - let's get it going man!!! I would love to kick back a few cold ones and listen to some good tunes while starting fires and chopping shit with you!!! Not necessarily in that order...or maybe exactly in that order? o_O

Regardless...A CPK GATHERING SHOULD HAPPEN!

@91bravo: Jonny, your pics and practical knowledge, advice, feedback and real-world use are truly inspiring and motivating. Even if I don't have the opportunity to get out in the woods as often as I'd like - it's awesome to live vicariously through yourself and MTM on your adventures. You two make me smile knowing there is this awesome "adventure couple" out there having fun, enjoying their lives, using their knives/gear, and sharing their passion for the outdoors with us.

@ManOfSteel89: Kyle - this is all your fault. You had to keep talking about how awesome and amazing your CPK knives were. The EDC was like a gateway drug for me...and you're my pusherman! Thanks bud! :D

All the other OGs and CPK'ers - thank for keeping this forum going and growing. You are all a bunch of stand-up guys and gal(s?) - I'm amazed we are able to maintain such decorum within this group of miscreants and rabblerousers! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can I just chime in here and state what is bloody well obvious to everyone - after the drama over on the EDC 2 thread (however the hell that happened) - that @Nathan the Machinist and Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist deserve a big round of applause for the way they conduct themselves. I am dumbfounded as to how there is any question or doubt that doing business with CPK and getting in on one of the pre-orders assures you of getting the best knife money can buy at one of the most affordable prices you can ever imagine.

So here's to the CPK team, for just killin' it and making this all possible. Thanks.

Please keep doing what you're doing, just the way you are doing it. Please!

Same goes here. I was fortunate enough to speak to Dan Keffeler yesterday (another humble and supportive guy who gives back) and he could not say enough about the Carothers team and what they are doing for folks like us. Thank you Nathan, Jo and Lorien....the best forum on here. :thumbsup:

This thread is so full of love, and I love love.

So awesome.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed positively to the content here. It’s really encouraging to see new faces constantly joining the community.

I’m really glad we never went with a “Club” and that stupidity has been kept to an absolute minimum despite how much disappointment is incurred in missing out of the limited amount of output available.

Nathan, Jo and Mark deserve the thanks they get for the product they make and the decisions and ethics that guide them. They deserve every bit of it.

But the aren’t the ones who form the community, it’s everyone who puts in their personal time and energy to contribute so I think you all deserve a big “Thank You” as well!

I couldn't nor can say anything better than what has already been said.
Even though I am a small participant in this awesome place I cant thank you all enough for what you have done to make me feel welcome and making this place so great.
Big thanks especially to Nathan and Jo. This wouldn't exist if not for you.
Cheers

View attachment 864106

CPK folks are indeed the best folks :):):)

My very sincere and special thanks to Martin AKA @woodysone for reaching out to me after seeing my comment on another sub-forum regarding my search for alternative deeper carry type of aftermarket pocket clips for my newly acquired Spyderco Lum-Tanto folder. Martin reached out to me via private conversation and offered me these 2 x Casey Lynch clips as his gift to me and no matter how much I insisted to reimburse Martin at least for something even a token of my offering for the postage, he would not accept anything from me! In return, to anyone I had promised my proxy bids for, you have been bumped because my next proxy for anything CPK will go to Martin first, after the next scheduled Friday sale for the MC pattern :p

Martin, thank you so very much again Sir as I was totally blown away and humbled by your very generous and friendly offering :thumbsup: I also promise to do my darn best to both pay back and to pay forward. I will update with pics after assembly :thumbsup:

View attachment 864106

CPK folks are indeed the best folks :):):)

My very sincere and special thanks to Martin AKA @woodysone for reaching out to me after seeing my comment on another sub-forum regarding my search for alternative deeper carry type of aftermarket pocket clips for my newly acquired Spyderco Lum-Tanto folder. Martin reached out to me via private conversation and offered me these 2 x Casey Lynch clips as his gift to me and no matter how much I insisted to reimburse Martin at least for something even a token of my offering for the postage, he would not accept anything from me! In return, to anyone I had promised my proxy bids for, you have been bumped because my next proxy for anything CPK will go to Martin first, after the next scheduled Friday sale for the MC pattern :p

Martin, thank you so very much again Sir as I was totally blown away and humbled by your very generous and friendly offering :thumbsup: I also promise to do my darn best to both pay back and to pay forward. I will update with pics after assembly :thumbsup:

Martin is one of the nicest guys you could hope to run across. He doesn't post much but dealing with him for the couple sheaths he's ordered has been an absolute pleasure.

You wanna hear something very funny?

Somewhere deep in the depth and the of these forums (I won't tell you where because I won't wish for you to ever go in there) someone who didn't know much about the dynamics of CPK had erroneously referred to Jo (the machinist) and Nathan (the machinist) as the machinist brothers. No worries though, corrections were made ;) :p :D

Back