CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

I used the MC to bust up some fairly knotty wood this las weekend, it performed flawlessly- like always.
My Wife wonders why I whoop on this knife so hard, she asks “ wasn’t that knife expensive “. I tell her “ Not for what you get and that it’s worth every penny “. I also told her that “ the knife wants me to “. Just so you guys know, that’s a quick way to get out of a conversation about how much knives cost.
I followed that up with a fire and a glass of wine for her, then she saw the value in it too;)

If she asks again I’m just going to just keep smiling strangely and creep her out, it is almost Halloween:)645F6683-00BB-413D-8C0F-96DD952E5423.jpeg65654384-D9C6-4D47-8992-5FD7D3DE5EB7.jpeg74633985-C7DB-4189-8142-2C7AD0AD2571.jpeg

071dbdde6653b55b7e8fd5337be88119.jpg

One of the more underrated pieces we've done. I feel it's probably our overall best chopper.

Sales were always somewhat slow. Once the existing blade stock is depleted I don't think we're going to revisit it.

It is unfortunate it didn’t get more traction particularly with how popular the LC was.
For the last 8-10 weeks or so I am getting around 100-800 chop/swings in a day with this one. Honestly my only addition or modification would be a swedge as it acts as a defensive item (albiet a backup).
Other than that it is my first tool to grab when loading my pack up for the day.

Man if you have stock of these we should chat. I am desperately wanting a backup just in case; not of breakage or anything but always a chance it gets ripped off on a sled/atv/somewhere in the hinterland.

MC running the steep slopes at work today. By far my favourite blade CPK has made (might be time to move the HDFK along!)

View attachment 1450714

I gotta ask, did you try the BC?

I went from LC to BC, skipped the MC because money and I struggle with choppers as a general rule.

Edit: I’m always searching for the right pair of tools. Like a FK2 and an axe. Or a HDFK and a folder... so many choices.

I went from LC to BC, skipped the MC because money and I struggle with choppers as a general rule.

Edit: I’m always searching for the right pair of tools. Like a FK2 and an axe. Or a HDFK and a folder... so many choices.

Nope, never tried the BC. The 10” length and 7/32” stock thickness is about as bulky as I wanted to carry.
That and the profile of the MC has more of the point centred up vs the HDMC and BC (not sure if that makes sense?)

Also the lighter in hand-ness or I guess the sweet spot for cutting is great for brushing out trails and getting ATVs/sleds through Alder and Willow’d-in roads. Like a machete but that can actually cut woody stemmed plants and brush

Back