CPK Pet Thread

XjTwixV.jpg

So my dopey dog came up lame about 8 weeks ago. After 3 weeks of repeatedly having him limping around after the slightest exercise we took him in to the vet. Turns out he probably tore his rotator cuff. Yes, that's a thing for dogs....

Now 5 weeks later, lots of forced rest and ZERO exercise/jumping/rough playing, laying on the couch and having to be lifted down, and putting on 6 pounds, the vet has declared his shoulder better.

She went on to say that he cannot, ever, jump down from anything taller than waist high (to him, no me). Basically going down stairs is it.

This is a field dog with a big motor. Is she crazy?! He is never going to agree to these terms and conditions. He'd rather have his leg cut off than not chas, run and jump. We have a terraced yard and the trees are on the top terrace, and the squirrels are in the trees. Clearly this is not going to work. He routinely jumps UP the 6-7 foot terraced wall, and launches off of there several times a day (except the past 5 weeks). This will never work. :(

So my dopey dog came up lame about 8 weeks ago. After 3 weeks of repeatedly having him limping around after the slightest exercise we took him in to the vet. Turns out he probably tore his rotator cuff. Yes, that's a thing for dogs....

Now 5 weeks later, lots of forced rest and ZERO exercise/jumping/rough playing, laying on the couch and having to be lifted down, and putting on 6 pounds, the vet has declared his shoulder better.

She went on to say that he cannot, ever, jump down from anything taller than waist high (to him, no me). Basically going down stairs is it.

This is a field dog with a big motor. Is she crazy?! He is never going to agree to these terms and conditions. He'd rather have his leg cut off than not chas, run and jump. We have a terraced yard and the trees are on the top terrace, and the squirrels are in the trees. Clearly this is not going to work. He routinely jumps UP the 6-7 foot terraced wall, and launches off of there several times a day (except the past 5 weeks). This will never work. :(

Aw man, that sucks!

See if you can train him for a while with a no-jump harness.

View attachment 899336 How she managed to chew it in two there, I will never know. The lupine leash harness is supposed to be here tomorrow. Thanks for the tip duramax duramax !

No problem :thumbsup: Odin is still working on his lupine leash lol. So far so good and at times it’s used as his outside tie out. But I’m always with him :)
Although the little monster slipped out of his collar this morning on our walk !!!!:eek: I don’t think he was ready when I pounced on him lol

Back