CPK Pet Thread

we named her Mako
Y9Wj9Jc.jpg

7PgQaSp.jpg

GSDs and their variants are infamous for their strong desire to dig, Dig and DIG :)
I’ve never had a GSD, I’ve had labs, rottys, and a mix. Odin is a Norwegian elkhound but I’d bet he’d give a GSD a run for the money at digging lol. Odin is about 49lbs, he dug a hole that he could hide in !!!!!!! All I saw was his tie out rope and it disappeard into the hole lol.

I’ve never had a GSD, I’ve had labs, rottys, and a mix. Odin is a Norwegian elkhound but I’d bet he’d give a GSD a run for the money at digging lol. Odin is about 49lbs, he dug a hole that he could hide in !!!!!!! All I saw was his tie out rope and it disappeard into the hole lol.

He’s a northern breed.
It’s a den -
“Dogs naturally seek the shelter of dens. Although it’s not as noticeable in our domestic pets, wild canids still dig dens. Dens are cooler in hot weather, warmer in cold weather (this is why many of the northern breeds, such as Siberian Huskies, are known for digging), and a shelter they can feel secure in. You might notice your dog digging on his or her bed or in the crate; this is also an instinctual behavior related to digging dens outdoors. In short, denning is very natural for dogs and is a difficult behavior to break if your dog enjoys having a self-constructed home outdoors”
- from AKC website.

He’s a northern breed.
It’s a den -
“Dogs naturally seek the shelter of dens. Although it’s not as noticeable in our domestic pets, wild canids still dig dens. Dens are cooler in hot weather, warmer in cold weather (this is why many of the northern breeds, such as Siberian Huskies, are known for digging), and a shelter they can feel secure in. You might notice your dog digging on his or her bed or in the crate; this is also an instinctual behavior related to digging dens outdoors. In short, denning is very natural for dogs and is a difficult behavior to break if your dog enjoys having a self-constructed home outdoors”
- from AKC website.

Thank you and that makes sense. Oh there’s no breaking this dog from digging lol. The only time he digs that drives me a tad batty. Is when he finds a way to get onto a made bed. The dog goes bonkers lol, one he’s excited getting on it. But then he digs up all the blankets and sheets into a ball. Then the pillows must’ve done something to him in a past life. Cause he beats the hell outta them with a vengeance lol. He doesn’t really rip them, well a couple lol. Then when I catch him, he lets out a slight sigh. Has this look on him like “it wasn’t me” lol
I tell him all the time, your the strangest , craziest dog I’ve owned, although he is super smart. But I love the little monster lol

Back