CPK Pet Thread

View attachment 1478942
Poor girl had 2 seizures within a 24 hour period, she’s never had them that close together before. She’s resting comfortably now and is cleaner than ever since she needed to be bathed after both events.
Vet told us to up her dosage from 1 to 1.5 pills 3 times a day, hopefully that’ll bring her some relief.

a stray dog was wandering around a pretty remote area where people would converge to kite and wind surf, at the mouth of a long inlet at the end of which is a small First Nations reservation. He lived there among the black bears and likely foraged at the dump, but he was very friendly and seemed to want to hang out with me during the few days I was there. Just kind of follow me around and sleep outside my van. I took him home. Later, I met Mrs. Loriendesign, we married, started a business and were with child. During those early days of running the business, the dog who I called Rider began to get seizures. It got worse and worse until he was in gran mal and we finally had to have him euthanized. Looking back, I wish I had tried CBD, as I understand it helps with seizures. In fairness, it was not as readily available then as it is now. Rider was my best friend, and it wasn't even close. When he died, a part of me went with him, and I never got it back. 13 or 14 years went by, with no dog in the house, just our old cat, Dixie. Then, two years ago, Mako came along and is now napping at my feet while I sit on the couch with a cup of tea. She's a great companion and member of our family. Sometimes when she looks at me a certain way, I see Rider's eyes. It's weird.

Jingle cat and Bling dog.

GlMnzcC.jpg

GBti2JI.jpg

I am here with a very heavy heart and profound sadness to inform you fellow CPK pet lovers that my great Livvie girl was put to her eternal sleep about an hour ago. She passed peacefully in my arms till her last breath. I am so sorry to write this on this eve but I am in a state of shock to my core and bones.

Livvie threw up 3 times on our long walk last night and seemed very lethargic. Upon giving her a good look over, I noticed that she was looking very bloated and girthy but she had always been a big girl. During the night she would not stop drinking water and going out for her pee. This AM she had no appetite to speak of for a very healthy and hearty eater and with this being the FUCKING New Year's Eve, I had no choice but to go to the closest 24/7 ER close by.

The prognosis news was devastating and I was crying like I had not cried ever before that I can recall, not even when we put Dad in the ground. She had massive tumors and internal bleeding with almost no tell-tale signs till just yesterday when I noticed that she looked like a pregnant dog. I made a decision which I may regret after I come out of this shock, but the vet only gave her a few days unless we embarked on major surgery to prolong the suffering for maybe weeks or months at best.

Enjoy your furry friends / fur babies. They are the epitome of unconditional love, affection and even stoic in the face of death.

Livvie was almost 8 1/2: 7/7/2102 to 12/31/2020. RIP my love.

627B557C-2D1A-4BD9-A802-B2FE8A1FEFBB.jpeg

Last edited:
I am here with a very heavy heart and profound sadness to inform you fellow CPK pet lovers that my great Livvie girl was put to her eternal sleep about an hour ago. She passed peacefully in my arms till her last breath. I am so sorry to write this on this eve but I am in a state of shock to my core and bones.

Livvie threw up 3 times on our long walk last night and seemed very lethargic. Upon giving her a good look over, I noticed that she was looking very bloated and girthy but she had always been a big girl. During the night she would not stop drinking water and going out for her pee. This AM she had no appetite to speak of for a very healthy and hearty eater and with this being the FUCKING New Year's Eve, I had no choice but to go to the closest 24/7 ER close by.

The prognosis news was devastating and I was crying like I had not cried ever before that I can recall, not even when we put Dad in the ground. She had massive tumors and internal bleeding with almost no tell-tale signs till just yesterday when I noticed that she looked like a pregnant dog. I made a decision which I may regret after I come out of this shock, but the vet only gave her a few days unless we embarked on major surgery to prolong the suffering for maybe weeks or months at best.

Enjoy your furry friends / fur babies. They are the epitome of unconditional love, affection and even stoic in the face of death.

View attachment 1483165

I'm really sorry to hear this, man - this is such a tragedy.

View attachment 1483165

Very sorry to read this. Praying the sadness you and your family are feeling eases up for you all soon. RIP Livvie!

Thank you all for all the kind words. Your heartfelt condolences really means a lot to me as I deal with Livvie's totally unexpected and sudden loss on the most (in)auspicious of days! That punch to the gut really came outta blue and knocked me down pretty badly!

As I don't wish to dwell on my personal sadness and sorrow, to linger on and to rain down on everyone else's new year parade, I would like to close out this sad chapter of the CPK Pet Thread by sharing a cherished portrait which we had done/bought of her likeness gazing into the Mighty Pacific; our Livvie loved the ocean and adored going to the beach, we have lots and lots of very fond and precious memories captured on film with her frolicking in and around the water:

26718241-4C31-4EFD-9C4F-A746016E9066.jpeg

Back