CPK Pet Thread

Thank you Jo :) How big did Ziggie get to be? Kathrin is an apartment dweller and our girl Livvie grew way big (87 lb.) to be an apt dog! So she lived a lot with me since I have a reasonably biggish yard for Cali. I’m think that up to 50 lb. max would be great both for protection and also cuddles :)
Embarrassingly, she is about 45 pounds. She should probably be between 35-40. And she is a really good size for the house and for keeping the kids company. :) And the adults ;)

it was Mako's 2nd birthday yesterday :)
rL4emXN.jpg

INrbJ9s.jpg

I wrote a while back that the Ex was contemplating on adopting one of the pups which was abandoned in a trash container circa the time that our beloved Livvie passed way. Welp, she finally pulled the lever on that notion and here is little Molly which was officially picked up yesterday and I'm very happy that this little puppy will get a chance at having a very good life and a great mommy. I haven't met her yet but will soon and despite that stated sentiment that I will not be co-parenting Molly, I am sure that I will take her for walks and maybe a bit more ;)

Molly is now 9-10 weeks old and had to run the gauntlet with her other 3 siblings being connected to IVs and things at the vet, who gave the clearance to adopt about a week ago. She's not totally out of the woods yet but her situation looks a lot more promising now. Out of the 4 left in the trash, 3 have been spoken for leaving the poor odd one out (the odd one is from totally different dog father!). Wee don't know what exactly Molly is, but her and her other 2 similar siblings look like each other; I am seeing some mixture of Rotti, Australian Shepherd and even Blue Heeler physical traits. Who know, if's she a good girl, she may even become a CPK pet which is a very highly prized achievement :)

View attachment 1516214

View attachment 1516215

View attachment 1516216

View attachment 1516217

This makes me say "derp", "floofy", and "schnoodle".

I wrote a while back that the Ex was contemplating on adopting one of the pups which was abandoned in a trash container circa the time that our beloved Livvie passed way. Welp, she finally pulled the lever on that notion and here is little Molly which was officially picked up yesterday and I'm very happy that this little puppy will get a chance at having a very good life and a great mommy. I haven't met her yet but will soon and despite that stated sentiment that I will not be co-parenting Molly, I am sure that I will take her for walks and maybe a bit more ;)

Molly is now 9-10 weeks old and had to run the gauntlet with her other 3 siblings being connected to IVs and things at the vet, who gave the clearance to adopt about a week ago. She's not totally out of the woods yet but her situation looks a lot more promising now. Out of the 4 left in the trash, 3 have been spoken for leaving the poor odd one out (the odd one is from totally different dog father!). Wee don't know what exactly Molly is, but her and her other 2 similar siblings look like each other; I am seeing some mixture of Rotti, Australian Shepherd and even Blue Heeler physical traits. Who know, if's she a good girl, she may even become a CPK pet which is a very highly prized achievement :)

View attachment 1516214

View attachment 1516215

View attachment 1516216

View attachment 1516217
Right On Matt! It’s always nice to hear good news of abandoned puppies :thumbsup: I think you nailed her physical traits :thumbsup::thumbsup: hopefully that puppy breath will be the beginning of a new bond. Molly looks like she’s going to be a busy little pup :) Wish you all the best :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We always have dogs. They (the little ones) find their way into our house somehow. Then into my heart. My wife is very patient. She says they all need to stay outside.... :rolleyes:

Your post brought back an old memory :) :)

We’ve always had dogs , three at once for many years. Your post made me remember a story from childhood. So when I was really young we had a small terrier. My Dad went out and got a yellow lab for hunting our first. He was a just a little pup and road all the way home on my lap. He was the best dog and true best friend. Well flash forward to first hunting season. It’s early sun isn’t up yet, my Dads friend arrives. My Mom filed their Coleman Thermo mugs, sandwiches wrapped ready to go. It’s snowing and cold out , heading to duck hunt from shore. I mean you have to picture it’s the late 70’s early 80’s, the clothing the gear. Could be a Norman Rockwell painting lol. And then it happens lol. My Dads buddy says boy I hope he can retrieve, the water is cold with wind blowing !! My Mom did this about face and said that dog better be kept warm !!!!! Then she said DO NOT come home without that dog !!! Or you can stay out !!! Lol I was stunned , shocked !! But not just by what she said but by the fear and look in these two big guys faces lol !!!
So my Dad went out to the barn got two bales of hay. He then went and got three wool military blankets.
Well when they got home my Dads friend was laughing. He said the dog was kept warmer then they were lol. They had made a bed from the hay and kept him wrapped in the blankets and dry with another. The outside kennel unused came down and the couch was now his lol.
Laddie lived a long happy life, he was 16 when he passed.

Your post brought back an old memory :) :)

We’ve always had dogs , three at once for many years. Your post made me remember a story from childhood. So when I was really young we had a small terrier. My Dad went out and got a yellow lab for hunting our first. He was a just a little pup and road all the way home on my lap. He was the best dog and true best friend. Well flash forward to first hunting season. It’s early sun isn’t up yet, my Dads friend arrives. My Mom filed their Coleman Thermo mugs, sandwiches wrapped ready to go. It’s snowing and cold out , heading to duck hunt from shore. I mean you have to picture it’s the late 70’s early 80’s, the clothing the gear. Could be a Norman Rockwell painting lol. And then it happens lol. My Dads buddy says boy I hope he can retrieve, the water is cold with wind blowing !! My Mom did this about face and said that dog better be kept warm !!!!! Then she said DO NOT come home without that dog !!! Or you can stay out !!! Lol I was stunned , shocked !! But not just by what she said but by the fear and look in these two big guys faces lol !!!
So my Dad went out to the barn got two bales of hay. He then went and got three wool military blankets.
Well when they got home my Dads friend was laughing. He said the dog was kept warmer then they were lol. They had made a bed from the hay and kept him wrapped in the blankets and dry with another. The outside kennel unused came down and the couch was now his lol.
Laddie lived a long happy life, he was 16 when he passed.
Such a sweet story!

Back