CPK Pet Thread

Little Molly is growing up in a hurry! Approximately a month after being officially adopted, she's now easily twice the size and the weight of those initially posted pics. I've been very intrigued about Molly's mutt lineage and the sum of her DNA parts, so to speak. Now that she's growing and the way which her characteristics are showing, I no longer think a Rottie mix but quite suspiciously an Australian Kelpie with some Aussie Cattle Dog ala (red) Heeler in the mixture. Great news for those with Blue Heelers and Kelpies (Jo, I think that your Ziggie is also in this bracket) is that there is some Dingo DNA swimming around in your dogs :D :D :D

AD2BD028-6F03-432B-AE13-FA321834B959.jpeg

Little Molly is growing up in a hurry! Approximately a month after being officially adopted, she's now easily twice the size and the weight of those initially posted pics. I've been very intrigued about Molly's mutt lineage and the sum of her DNA parts, so to speak. Now that she's growing and the way which her characteristics are showing, I no longer think a Rottie mix but quite suspiciously an Australian Kelpie with some Aussie Cattle Dog ala (red) Heeler in the mixture. Great news for those with Blue Heelers and Kelpies (Jo, I think that your Ziggie is also in this bracket) is that there is some Dingo DNA swimming around in your dogs :D :D :D

View attachment 1539158
She does seem to have the Kelpie tri-coloring with Heeler/Dalmatian spotting on her paws, but I still see Shepherd in her face.
If so, you’re going to have your hands full!

Last edited:

View attachment 1539158
She is so freaking cute!

View attachment 1539158

I’m a big advocate for getting those DNA panels - it can be helpful in establishing behavioral traits ahead of time, as well as any potential health or genetic concerns.

I’ve gotten panels on all three of our mutt rescues and it’s been rather enlightening.

We just got the panel back on Max. I’m rather floored by the results. I was convinced that he was a Rottweiler mix. Nope, not a drop...

This meathead is a Pit, Chow, Malamute mix. This kid is already over 70 pounds and he thinks he only weighs 15.

9lckG9E.jpg

The world lost a legendary feline today. Mr. Onion passed suddenly last night. His rabbit chomping girthyness will no longer menace the neighborhood rats, and my dog Dunham will no longer have her companion.

Mr. Onion had lived with me since he was 5 weeks old. He made it to 14. I will miss my little (very fat) thumbsucking kitty.

I buried him under the lilac next to Hopalong Kitty, the only other cat I ever knew him to actually like.

full

The world lost a legendary feline today. Mr. Onion passed suddenly last night. His rabbit chomping girthyness will no longer menace the neighborhood rats, and my dog Dunham will no longer have her companion.

Mr. Onion had lived with me since he was 5 weeks old. He made it to 14. I will miss my little (very fat) thumbsucking kitty.

I buried him under the lilac next to Hopalong Kitty, the only other cat I ever knew him to actually like.

full
Very sorry for your loss. Always a tough thing losing a beloved pet.

full
Very sorry for your lose of a wonderful friend, it’s amazing how far in these guys get into our hearts and one wishes that they can be around forever but the memories will be. Thumbsucking? I wish you could have shared some pictures of that.;):D RIP Mister Onion

full

Isn’t it wonderful how a pet’s innocence capture’s it’s human owner’s heart throughout the years and in ways complements our own humanity with happiness and joy?

What a beautiful setting you have there friend where you buried your Mr. Onion.

Back