CPK Pet Thread

To go back on subject, this is what they will look like on day ... a little smaller maybe, :)

i-t4G335h-X4.jpg

After coming to the conclusion that raising 2 puppies at my tender age of an old fart was simply going to be untenable, I put the word out that there was potentially one puppy available for adoption and forever home and luckily I found a very nice young couple currently W/O kids (he's in the AF and she a vet's tech studying to be come a vet on his GI bill) who fell in love with Finley (the one with the Rottie colors) and picked him up a couple of days ago after I had taken care of his second set of shots and vet visit for a clean bill of health.

So as of now is just ol' Unc. Matty and Roman (plus Molly the rescue from last year which is my Ex's as a part-timer) starting out the next chapter. He was sad for a couple of days because he has gradually seen his little pack disappear but lots of love and affection plus of course treats and daytime seems to be doing the trick. He went to the vet a couple of days ago for his shots and he tipped the scales at 38.7 lb. 3 days short of his 4 months! I really think that he will be a VERY BIG pup someday!

35F8B318-0BC5-4E43-8B55-2054D5014F8A.jpeg

858DE1EA-7F70-48B9-B5D5-8EE0E6DDFFD8.jpeg

After coming to the conclusion that raising 2 puppies at my tender age of an old fart was simply going to be untenable, I put the word out that there was potentially one puppy available for adoption and forever home and luckily I found a very nice young couple currently W/O kids (he's in the AF and she a vet's tech studying to be come a vet on his GI bill) who fell in love with Finley (the one with the Rottie colors) and picked him up a couple of days ago after I had taken care of his second set of shots and vet visit for a clean bill of health.

So as of now is just ol' Unc. Matty and Roman (plus Molly the rescue from last year which is my Ex's as a part-timer) starting out the next chapter. He was sad for a couple of days because he has gradually seen his little pack disappear but lots of love and affection plus of course treats and daytime seems to be doing the trick. He went to the vet a couple of days ago for his shots and he tipped the scales at 38.7 lb. 3 days short of his 4 months! I really think that he will be a VERY BIG pup someday!

View attachment 1715195

View attachment 1715196
He's a very handsome man!

Is he part presa?

I have no idea but the dominant gene in the parents' lineage is Chesapeake Lab aka Chesadors and some pitbull. 5 puppies were born to my brother's property caretaker's female Chesadors where we both own some properties, one didn't make it past birth and one stayed with Mark (the groundkeeper) as the female dog is getting old. My brother brought back 3, the two males and the female which he kept before Mark had a chance to give them away to randoms on the nearest bridge!

These dogs up there have started their own weird breed for the past like 10 cycles and the granddaddy named Zeus has the brindle coat, not the two parent dogs! Lotsa tourists visit those off-grid areas for salmon fishing and there Smith River so there are exotic dogs up there that do what dog's tend to do whenever they get a chance!

Back