CPK Survival Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy was right I had no idea what type of knife he was talking about.

He wanted a Internet Survival Knife ! (Not on my original list )

I hear they are still having problems heat treating code.

I'll stick with CPK's version.

More pics please !

First, second, third - who's counting, definitely not me. Lorien first impressed me with his use of language, must be more than ten years ago. And since then, with knife design. And now a Mod, so I gotta watch my language.

you are too kind, Bob! Thanks brother :)

I haven't seen any updates on the progress of this knife lately. I've been trying to hold off on any other knife purchase's so I can justify buying one of these to the non knife enthusiast in my household. You know what they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", or even an updated approximate release date would be something to look forward too.
Thanks.

good things come to those who wait!
when there is forward progress, you all will be the first to know

I haven't seen any updates on the progress of this knife lately. I've been trying to hold off on any other knife purchase's so I can justify buying one of these to the non knife enthusiast in my household. You know what they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", or even an updated approximate release date would be something to look forward too.
Thanks.

The Survival Knife (which needs a better name) is next in line in our development here at CPK. Until recently I personally ground, finished and sharpened every knife leaving our shop which limited our output and time for development work, but our new hire is very experienced and is getting up to speed quickly. I'm focusing energy in CPM 4V heat treat optimization right now, but as soon as I have that put to bed I'm getting back onto the SK development. We'll have prototypes in the next month or two and production (hopefully) starting in spring. They should be available for sale by the Blade Show.

Thanks Lorien and Nathan, that tidbit of information should keep me going for a while.

The Survival Knife (which needs a better name)

What about an acronym ? The CANUSA

Camp And Nature Ultimate Survival Apparatus
Carothers Arnold Necessary Universal Survival Apparatus

I have been sitting here reading this 14-page 'waiting room list' since I got back a few days ago from Africa of riled up and anxious followers and wish to join in by expressing my admiration of and respect for those who create these wonderful tools we all wish to acquire from CPK. With all due respect...please stop talking and start producing. I am waiting...waiting...waiting for one of these! Great comments, good humor, terrific art and engineering required to produce this highly anticipated SK. I want one, too. The one who must be obeyed is traveling without me and now is the time to acquire something else....and I have had my eye on this for a while now. Waiting...waiting...waiting...My trip into the weeds next week will be with a Calton (rough use knife) which I adore and a 14-year old broken and repurposed puuko that has been sharpened to the point of resembling a needle....ridiculous looking thing but a good necker. Hotels/airports suck : weeds are great. Can't wait for this SK to come out!

Now that development is a bit further along, any chance we can get a shot of the working model compared to the field knife and light chopper?

I received word this morning that the 'not called a survival knife' knife is going through initial stages of production

This is not to say this knife will be available right away, but it's going to be relatively soon

Updates will be provided in a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back