CPK Survival Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorien, this looks like it could be a very usable knife. Interesting how you're going to decide about the size of the choil. Do you hand it to other people as well?

Very good looking survival knife Lorien. Form to function. well formed butt end (sweet okole'), always like that...sized well enough for holding power for chopping, so that a forward lanyard not needed.
Nice size choil ( good depth)........ what is the edge length from tip to choil?thanks

nvm...I knew that the blade length was to be 6.5" (didn't know it this included the choil or not)...finally found the post stating the cutting edge will be about 6.125".

Last edited:
This looks to be a SK GSO 5.1 competition! Hmm

I doubt if it will be anything akin to a GSO-5.1 competitor other than having a Survival Knife suffix after it, but if you are purely gauging by size similarity, I would actually hazard to say more like the 7/7 ;)

I am honoured by that statement^

Survive is one of the best outfits around when it comes to innovative, high quality, well designed, US made cutlery. If my effort toward creating product for CPK is competitive, then I am roundly pleased by a job well done.

Also, the profile model is 'done'. On to the scales. I hope they balance ;)

Such classy, humble, highly artisan and very talented craftsmen in charge of this superb CPK marquee. Me Likey them very much :D

I am honoured by that statement^

Survive is one of the best outfits around when it comes to innovative, high quality, well designed, US made cutlery. If my effort toward creating product for CPK is competitive, then I am roundly pleased by a job well done.

Also, the profile model is 'done'. On to the scales. I hope they balance ;)

Very nice sentiment! I really like Survive a lot, but I also like CPK/Lorien designs because of the same commitment to quality and usability. Different knives for different situations, but still made from materials and in a manner that I can trust. Looking forward to how this turns out!

capitalism provides a seat for every ass!

It looks nice but why the wierd bump on the spine if the knife ?
Would be nicer without it
I would also go no choil... Choils are not that useful

the bump is a thumb ramp

I would pay double to have it without a thumb ramp
Never liked these things
:D

I hear yah!

After having several designs by Lorien, I have relegated myself to consumer and no longer develop a predisposed position on his decision to include or exclude features. I've come to realize there are so many factors involved in a design that make a knife unique, and features useful or not on that specific knife, that I simply have to respect his design and form my own opinion on the sum of his work, rather than examine features individually imagining that I could do his job better than he can.

I'm not a fan of thumb ramps either and would like it better without one BUT...this one is extremely well executed. If I HAD to have a thumb ramp this is it. The choil on the other hand I could do without for sure.
Having said all that I'll be buying one of the SK's when available. Keep up the excellent design work Lorien!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shape one handle slab at a time. They always turn out a little different from each other, so I leave it to Nathan to split the difference and change what he wants to change.
One half is pretty much done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back