CPKhuk

QeaHh9x.jpg

V9NDwUU.jpg

it ain't pretty, but that's not the point. Proved out a few ideas, and it'll allow me to get this savage tool out into the boonies safely

I wonder how the retention will hold up long term as that leather gets worked at the throat. I’d think that with the large open spine area, those side wings will flex more than if the welt went up further.

Great idea on it the principle of that open spine. I have a handgun chest rig that has an open top like that designed to allow for a scope, but I like it because I can pull the gun up and out, vs just pulling one direction. I think that’s a good element to think of with longer blades.

the open spine section allows the sheath to be narrower, so you can hold it and/or it will fit more places. A full coverage sheath for a khuk this size will be pretty wide. Traditional wood core might be a cool custom option, but for production purposes it isn't practicamable

there are a lot of little features that aren't readily apparent with this sheath, which I plan to illuminate at some point

Lorien Lorien could you incorporate a metal or kydex spring clip in the opening to help keep the retention? I don't know anything about sheaths, so sorry if that's a dumb question.
you could make the whole sheath with kydex

there'll be other attachment for the sheath, primarily a removable drop belt loop type thing similar to the traditional method.
this is how I will be carrying this knife, more or less.

the edge took quite the beating. It's super fun to push a knife past where you normally would
P5N9I15.jpg

I think I might fix it up a little bit now that I'm done chopping rocks

Last edited:
it's sharp, (enough) again. Got a few more things I want to try out, and a couple small refinements to the handle, then I'll bid adieu and send it off to the man in the big pants. I will definitely miss it when it's gone- it's become my favourite smasher
xgCMZnQ.jpg

Back