CPKhuk

I'm juggling a lot of cats at the moment, and got around to spending a little time on the khuk over the past couple days. Almost got the other fuller finished up, although it's still gonna be wavy and imperfect. Nate told me not to worry about finish, and it's hard to leave stuff unfinished but the gulf in time between getting things good enough and getting things dialed rtf in is vast.

ID6Qndv.jpg

got some linen micarta cut up for the handle, and I'm looking forward to getting it figured out

qHMItOs.jpg

Last edited:
my studio was a gong show for weeks, well extra gongshow. It's been regular gongshow basically forever. Now that I have the electrical situation dialed in, stuff is getting moved back in place, and finding homes everywhere and things are looking good! Have access to all my tools, no boxes or bikes or anything to trip over and it's warming up which is nice since there's no heat in there for now.

removed a fair amount of steel from the handle and I think my target weight for this big, stiff knife is attainable. I'll need to spend some time cleaning up the handle voids, don't want any unnecessary stress risers there
nByUarJ.jpg

bLGy5T8.jpg

that .15oz is really pissing me off. I like round numbers, not that it matters AT ALL. That .15oz is coming off somewhere goddamit. The handle skeletonizing is complete and it looks surprisingly not bad. I figured out a good process this time, so next one will go smoother and faster

as for the dagger, not mine. Nathan promised to send me one from the bottom of his scum bucket, so I wait...

bLGy5T8.jpg

that .15oz is really pissing me off. I like round numbers, not that it matters AT ALL. That .15oz is coming off somewhere goddamit. The handle skeletonizing is complete and it looks surprisingly not bad. I figured out a good process this time, so next one will go smoother and faster

as for the dagger, not mine. Nathan promised to send me one from the bottom of his scum bucket, so I wait...
Just switch units, you're right at 600 grams...

Back