CPKhuk

T8edZLJ.jpg

Man, I keep checking back and look at this picture.
I love the profile, stabby and choppy!

couple chunks of linen micarta bolted on now. Drilling and reaming went better than expected. I'll be busy tomorrow with this
uUF5JfV.jpg

but I'm hoping to at least get the scales ground to profile, and maybe the ends profiled as well. Then comes the fun part

I'm hoping that this thing doesn't expand too much after heat treatment that the holes don't line up properly, but just in case I'm going to step away from the handle and tend to a few little touches while the steel is soft. Foil is on the way and when it arrives, I suppose I will be heat treating a knife for the first time. It's pretty exciting and I've been reading up on it quite a bit, so I'm really looking forward to it

Lorien Lorien I dont think you are buying liquid nitrogen for this one kukri-shaped-knife, right?
all the money is spent! The ole freezer is going to have to do the job for now. I'll nestle it in with the frozen peas
I'd like a dewar at some point, but for now I'll have to do without. I'm starting to feel like heat treating will be something I'll be getting into more deeply- it's fascinating, and I'm just scratching the surface

all the money is spent! The ole freezer is going to have to do the job for now. I'll nestle it in with the frozen peas
I'd like a dewar at some point, but for now I'll have to do without. I'm starting to feel like heat treating will be something I'll be getting into more deeply- it's fascinating, and I'm just scratching the surface
The dewar is the expensive part. Sometimes you can find cheaper ones used. I found one a while back but the seller didn't want to ship it. I just wanted to play with some liquid nitrogen for food stuff.

What stone/system are you planning to use to sharpen that recurve section. Delta 3V is no joke.
This is what kept me from recurves (apart that they look like garbage) is how do you sharpen properly. Something like Spyderco Sharpmaker rod can do a job of sharpening, but reprofiling an edge, even with diamond stone will take a lot of time.

Back