CPKitchen

still cuttin stuff. Carved up a duck the other night, that was the first time in a loooong time. I forgot how similar to beef it is- or can be

was used tonight for something having to do with this lasagne, (and glass cookware 😬)
nYuX2FU.jpg

Last edited:
I've made 3 more kitchen knives since, not including this one
JNjVbZx.jpg

I think the next 'kitchen' knife might be a barbeque knife. Something from thick stock that can really annihilate that carcass- not a fine slicer, but slicey enough for your average cowboy. Something that can cut its way through a thicket of thorns or baton your kindling so you can spit roast the pig whose heart you just punctured with the same knife...

I sent the chef knife I made to a good friend of mine, who is extremely experienced in both using and making ultra high performance forged kitchen knives. He gave me the best critique ever and even though the knife I'm making isn't really a kitchen knife per se, his advice will find a good home with it.

One CPKitchen for the oven today!
iPNzVp9.jpg

I sent the chef knife I made to a good friend of mine, who is extremely experienced in both using and making ultra high performance forged kitchen knives. He gave me the best critique ever and even though the knife I'm making isn't really a kitchen knife per se, his advice will find a good home with it.

One CPKitchen for the oven today!
iPNzVp9.jpg
So, when would we see a mark 2 kitchen knife with all that applied knowledge?

So, when would we see a mark 2 kitchen knife with all that applied knowledge?
it's taking a liquid nitrogen bath at the moment. I'll likely post some pictures once I grind the main bevels, so my guess is...two weeks?

took some time to educate myself about food knives, and I started that process a little before starting this thread.
I had to make a few so that I could appreciate the nuance behind many of the design features I've seen but hadn't had the opportunity to experience first hand. All the cutting edge, more innovative food knives I've been studying are way outside my budget, so identifying the features and understanding what they're for was strictly academic until I was able to produce knives with those features. Then it's a matter of refining them so that they provide the seamless interface with the user that I strive for when designing cutlery

this knife will not be like any other food specific knife you've ever seen. It looks like a CPK and is built to perform both inside and outside your kitchen

it's taking a liquid nitrogen bath at the moment. I'll likely post some pictures once I grind the main bevels, so my guess is...two weeks?

took some time to educate myself about food knives, and I started that process a little before starting this thread.
I had to make a few so that I could appreciate the nuance behind many of the design features I've seen but hadn't had the opportunity to experience first hand. All the cutting edge, more innovative food knives I've been studying are way outside my budget, so identifying the features and understanding what they're for was strictly academic until I was able to produce knives with those features. Then it's a matter of refining them so that they provide the seamless interface with the user that I strive for when designing cutlery

this knife will not be like any other food specific knife you've ever seen. It looks like a CPK and is built to perform both inside and outside your kitchen
Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking!

I'm pleased to know that some of you are excited by the possibilities here.
My CPKitchen knife is heat treated and ready for final grinding, but I have a bunch of other knives I'd like to finish up first. Also gotta get going on a batch of UF2 sheaths.

I cut the knife out, skeletonized the handle, rough ground the beginnings of the bevels, filed in the thumb jimping and roughed in the fuller and was in a bit of a rush to heat treat it since my liquid nitrogen was running really low. So it's actually quite close to being completed, but like I said there are other projects in the queue

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding on the handle. It'll be attached via stainless corby bolts, so that part is figured out. I'm thinking terotuf, which is what I used before and I really like how grippy it is even when given a fine finish, but I'm not 100%

I think the next 'kitchen' knife might be a barbeque knife. Something from thick stock that can really annihilate that carcass- not a fine slicer, but slicey enough for your average cowboy. Something that can cut its way through a thicket of thorns or baton your kindling so you can spit roast the pig whose heart you just punctured with the same knife...

ooh a cimeter???!!!

Screenshot_20221101_073450_Gallery.jpg

Back