• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CPM S45VN 270mm Sujihiki

Hello knife people! I've always wanted to try making a stainless steel sujihiki and finally got around to tackling the project. It was challenging but fun! This is a long knife, probably the longest I've made to date. It is meant to be a slicing knife, and I believe the word sujihiki actually means something like "flesh cutter". The blade is 270mm in length, one of the standard lengths for this knife. The steel is Crucible's CPMS45VN that was heat treated in house to 63HRC with "cryo". The blade has a distal taper, but the tip isn't too thin. It also has a full flat grind and hand rubbed to an 800 grit satin finish. The "wa" handle consists mostly of Yucatan Rosewood, which is some of the hardest, densest, and wear resistant woods I've come across. It also has good figure and a great color. The bolster is black G10, and also features nickel silver spacers along with a really nice blue acrylic spacer. All handle facets were hand rubbed to 1200 grit and then given a coat of Watco Danish Oil and beeswax for protection. The balance point is right smack in the middle of the ricasso, half way between the front of the handle and the plunge grind. I got lucky on that one! The knife is such a pleasure to hold and wield around, like the proverbial light saber!

OAL: 16 5/8" (422mm)
Blade: 10 3/4" (270mm)
Edge: 10 1/4" (260mm)
Handle: 5 3/4" (146mm)
Thickness: 0.090" (2.3mm) with distal taper
Edge: 13° per side, 3 micron (DMT 8000 mesh plate)
Price: sold

IMG_2143.jpg IMG_2145.jpg IMG_2144.jpg

That little black rectangle in the first photo is one of the pieces of rubber that I place under the blade to prevent the rock from scratching the finish.

Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). This is also my email address in case you would like to contact me that way. Free shipping anywhere in the USA! All knives come with an unlimited life time warranty! I just ask that the buyer keep in mind that my knives are not the proverbial pry bar, and I use thin stock, thin grinds, and hard steel for excellent cutting ability and edge retention. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me or send an email! Thanks for taking a look and follow me on Instagram: stuartalandavenport

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. I sure will get choil and spine shots done. It will be Monday afternoon by the time I can get around to it, but no problem.

Out-fricking-standing!!! The knife looks incredible AND looks like it will be an exceptional performer too!

Waiting for PayPal address so I can send funds.

Just saw PP address in listing; payment sent.

Back