CPM3V Wharncliffe Run!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
This is why I love making knives... going from an idea to something that can be used and counted on. I started on paper with these then cut out the pattern to transfer to steel. I adjusted the design a bit from paper as the handle needed a bit more thickness. After that I marked my Steel with Dykem, clamped my knife down with a kant-twist clamp and scribed the design down. My heat treated template knife has holes located and sized for my hand held center punch so I also punch in my hole locations. This ensures repeatability and accuracy with only simple hand tools

47e632617de7ebc25ad1ac99fd2e65e8.jpg

bae2a3981074f5cf70bab3e1bac51e74.jpg

Background story...

I've seen a lot of talk on the forums that due to the high prices some people are losing interest in custom knives. Even though I remain sold out on all knives with a big backlog I don't like seeing this happen. I can't lower my prices on folders or even my labor but I sure can bring it hard like nothing else with affordable fixed blades that everyone can use and own. I'm excited about knifemaking more than ever before and want to bring you guys along for the ride. This will be a great opportunity for some of you to check out my work at a gateway price. i never skimp on anything and will work harder for your money than anyone else. How about a run of 100% handmade CPM-3V fixed blades with scales for under $150? I'll post more about the design below., let's get excited about this knife thing!

dd807773d48ca6d4c181b6ec509fa8b8.jpg

Last edited:
It would be hard to over state how much I'd love one of your pieces in that range, out of 3V! I can't see how this wouldn't be a best seller.

150! :eek: Even a bike mechanic can afford that! :D
I like the holes to fit your punch in your template idea. :thumbup:

Very awesome! I just hope you can make enough so we all can get one!!! Good luck with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting! Will it be a full grip or 3 finger?

I will be keeping an eye on this thread !
This sounds interesting and would like
More details which I know are coming
Soon...

Frank

Will be keeping an eye out for these Daniel, thanks for keeping us poor folks happy.

It would be hard to over state how much I'd love one of your pieces in that range, out of 3V! I can't see how this wouldn't be a best seller.

Thanks Tony! I just can't say enough about the incredible support you guys have given me.

150! :eek: Even a bike mechanic can afford that! :D
I like the holes to fit your punch in your template idea. :thumbup:

Very good to hear! I don't know how I made it without the center punch! I've been doing them with a hammer/punch and this is much better, only cost a few bucks too.

Very awesome! I just hope you can make enough so we all can get one!!! Good luck with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I may extend the run if I get enough interest, right now I'm at 13 of 14 spots filled so there is still one space left.

Much appreciated!

Will you be taking names down or just selling them as you make them?

I have a list going with one spot left. I may make more with enough interest shown so just let me know either way. Sign up only on these. Thanks!

Very interesting! Will it be a full grip or 3 finger?

Thanks! 3 finger grip on these, they are made to index nicely in the hand that way. I wanted the feel of a 4 finger knife with that blade size but the shorter 3 finger grip that does not stick high out of a sheath, These will carry exceptionally nicely which was big goal along with a tough, affordable hard use edc made for the people.

Here's a bit more information...

These are a couple of weeks away from finishing... steel is in and they have been profiled.

6" long - 3" blade - .150" CPM-3V Steel, Micarta Scales in OD Green, Black or Natural, Chisel Grind, $145 shipped in USA - 100% sole authorship/handmade from bar of steel to finish by me!

- Kydex Sheath $25 - minimalist style, tough, lightweight
- Carbon Fiber or Thunderstorm Kevlar Scales $50
- Fine 20 lpi Jimping on Spine - $20 about 1" of comfortable jimping where the thumb rests

I'm open to other options on scales, just let me know if you have any questions.

I will take that last spot if it is still available!

Sounds great, thanks!

Just let me know what scale material (od green, black and natural micarta are the defaults) and if you would like a sheath ($25 for Kydex) or fine Jimping on the spine ($20).

No deposit or fees of course and I'll invoice everyone via paypal for payment upon or around completion time. Just let me know if you have any questions or if I can help out with anything!

I'll get you signed up, most appreciated.

Daniel, I would like to get in in this if possible. let me know. Thanks Martin

Daniel, I would like to get in in this if possible. let me know. Thanks Martin

Thanks Martin! I'll go ahead and extend the run, I really appreciate all of your support over the years and want to make sure you get one.

I have to order some more steel so it will be about a week more to complete if that sounds good.

Just let me know what options and I'll get you signed right up!

Guys I have a few more spots open on the extended run, I really appreciate the unbelievable support!

sounds great Daniel, Od green and kydex sheath, thanks for extending this run, it will be nice to have a beater.

sounds great Daniel, Od green and kydex sheath, thanks for extending this run, it will be nice to have a beater.

Thanks! Sounds great and nice to hear you will put it to good use! I want these out there getting used... they will be tough, ergonomic and good looking.

Sounds great, thanks!

Just let me know what scale material (od green, black and natural micarta are the defaults) and if you would like a sheath ($25 for Kydex) or fine Jimping on the spine ($20).

No deposit or fees of course and I'll invoice everyone via paypal for payment upon or around completion time. Just let me know if you have any questions or if I can help out with anything!

I'll get you signed up, most appreciated.

Good deal, can't wait to see it. I sent you the specs by direct e-mail, the BF e-mail can be a little dicey, so you would also have my address.

Let me know if you need anything else...thanks.

Back