CrabShackGanzaaa!!!! . . . This Thursday, April 25, 2019. . . 9:00pm Eastern!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, when the Boss says send an email to both Amy and Garth, that of course means 2 SEPARATE emails. Just take your time in doing both to ensure you are clear and concise in what you want.
I, like you really wasnt clear on this. But, after talking it over with WatermanChris, it was determined that above applies.
Good luck come Friday night at 9

2D = nom nom nom nom nom.

If we are the lucky winner of a blade will we get details on the handle material?

Those Last Rites look gorgeous.

Quick question for Busse Custom owners. Are the handles on these very smooth? If so, are the Custom more of a show piece or can they still be used? I realize they probably won't have the grip of Micarta or G10.

Last edited:
A "ganzaaa" is when Busse offers a few (or rarely many) knives on a first-come-first-served basis, either at a predesignated time or upon posting a "go" thread. Whoever gets their emails in first after the start time gets the knives. In many cases, there might be several of a particular model available.

Each ganzaaa typically gets its own name, line the 2019 CupidGanzaaa around Valentines day, VeteransDayGanzaaas, etc. As far as I know, this is the first time the CrabShackGanzaaa name has been used.

The "Crab Shack" is where Busse keeps its special handle makers. These are the guys who can turn a pine cone or a piece of wood a milkweed pod into a work of art. So we can expect custom shop knives with unusual to unique handles. And since it's going to be a miniscule ganzaaa, there won't be many knives available, and they'll probably all be gone within a few seconds, or minutes at the longest. But you won't know if you got one until a day or so later after Amy-0 has a chance to go through the emails and determine who scored and who didn't.

As an example, here's the thread with the prices and procedures from the 2019 CupidGanzaaa: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ednesday-feb-20-2019-9-00-pm-eastern.1643926/

Sometimes, the knives aren't completed at the time the Ganzaaa is held, and it might take a few weeks for the knives to ship. I expect for this one, the knives will all be premade and ship pretty quickly.

Thanks JTT!
Great explanation!
I have a few Busse blades;),but I'm still learning the terms & meanings &
so on...
So thanks again John the Texican!
You are a huge help to the Busse knife universe!!
Randy, aka Sixx

Quick question for Busse Custom owners. Are the handles on these very smooth? If so, are the Custom more of a show piece or can they still be used? I realize they probably won't have the grip of Micarta or G10.

Great question, Toker. The handles on these knives are quite pointy and difficult to hold, hence the "crab" moniker for this Gonzaaa. The knives for sale are seconds, thirds, sometimes 10ths. The most seasoned gonzaaa participants know the wisest strategy is to wait till the day after so you can grab one of these knives deeply discounted.

Last edited:
Those are some epic Crab Shack!

I have so very kindly been given permission to submit my choices early, since I'll be on duty. Since I am a poor card player, I became a paramedic instead of an RN. This "perk" has softened that blow of missing out on all that nurse money!

As a member of the Busse Combat Frequent Buyers Club, I have certain privileges that I will share for the first time with my fellow hogs!

Use Promo Code CUSTOMSHOPBACON in the title of your emails to get your orders in up to 24 hours early.

Please don't abuse it, no orders over two knives please - that way there's enough for everybody.

As a member of the Busse Combat Frequent Buyers Club, I have certain privileges that I will share for the first time with my fellow hogs!

Use Promo Code CUSTOMSHOPBACON in the title of your emails to get your orders in up to 24 hours early.

Please don't abuse it, no orders over two knives please - that way there's enough for everybody.

Where else but Busse on BF are ya gonna get such a selfless act of giving, I asks ya?

Puts tears in my eyes.....

God help me, I love this place! :D

Oh my.... new piglet on here.. those Urgent Fury and Last Rites look frighteningly tempting!

Regarding the CS custom handles, I would treat them with extra care, like not getting excessively wet, no significant impacts (including being dropped on a hard surface), and so on. If I wanted to use one, I would do so, but certainly no heavy use.

Great question, Toker. The handles on these knives are quite pointy and difficult to hold, hence the "crab" moniker for this Gonzaaa. The knives for sale are seconds, thirds, sometimes 10ths. The most seasoned gonzaaa participants know the wisest strategy is to wait till the day after so you can grab one of these knives deeply discounted.
The deception is getting pretty deep when new guys are participating! ;):D
Welcome to BladeForums! :)

Those are some epic Crab Shack!

I have so very kindly been given permission to submit my choices early, since I'll be on duty. Since I am a poor card player, I became a paramedic instead of an RN. This "perk" has softened that blow of missing out on all that nurse money!
I'll give you a finder's fee if you submit my choice early too. ;):D

In all seriousness, I have a great deal of respect for paramedics – using a defibrillator, they literally saved my life 6 years ago when my heart stopped (sudden cardiac arrest). So you folks are some of the very best, and thank you for what you do! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been a Busse fan since I purchased a couple RatManDus 5yrs ago. If I don't get lucky enough to get some crab, I'll be standing at the trough at the Blade Show in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back