Craving a new Dozier

I picked up an Arkansas made Dozier K-29 at Blade Show last year and have carried it nearly every day since. His horizontal kydex sheath is the best way I have found to EDC a fixed blade.
I had a White River Skinner years ago but never carried it because I preferred folders at the time.I'm now looking to add another Dozier to my collection and am interested in hearing some thoughts or maybe even seeing some pictures. Out of the ones I've found that are available for purchase, the ones I'm most interested in are the Toothpick, Modified Personal, Whittler, Canoe and Lil Deer Skinner. These are all very different designs, but will definitely fit my edc needs.

If anyone has a picture of these with something else as a comparison I'd love to see it. I'd also like to hear any suggestions on other models, but I'll definitely be getting a Dozier.

Last edited:
My sole Dozier is a compact K1 General Utility with a gorgeous jigged bone handle, brass pins and brass lined lanyard hole. I picked it up about 15 years ago at Carroll’s Gun Shop in Wharton, Texas, just after I retired, using my first government pension check. The blade is a bit worn but still cuts like a small chainsaw and holds an edge amazingly long. I don't think I'll ever need another and may take this one with me when I go. It came with a neat horizontal Kydex sheath, but I made a leather pouch type belt sheath as I prefer that carry.

My sole Dozier is a compact K1 General Utility with a gorgeous jigged bone handle, brass pins and brass lined lanyard hole. I picked it up about 15 years ago at Carroll’s Gun Shop in Wharton, Texas, just after I retired, using my first government pension check. The blade is a bit worn but still cuts like a small chainsaw and holds an edge amazingly long. I don't think I'll ever need another and may take this one with me when I go. It came with a neat horizontal Kydex sheath, but I made a leather pouch type belt sheath as I prefer that carry.
I know the one I have would last me forever, but I'm a tough man to satisfy.

It's hard to have a favorite. I have a Master Skinner on order, and can't wait to get it.

I picked up an Arkansas Toothpick about a year and a half ago. It had been a grail knife for as long as I knew what a "Dozier" was. It's not with me at the moment, or I'd take a pic. It's a beautiful piece, and a very practical size and shape. Not able to carry a fixed blade knife day to day, but I have it on me most weekends.

A close contender was the New York Special. Not sure he makes that one anymore.

I picked up an Arkansas made Dozier K-29 at Blade Show last year and have carried it nearly every day since. His horizontal kydex sheath is the best way I have found to EDC a fixed blade.
I had a White River Skinner years ago but never carried it ns on other models, but I'll definitely be getting a Dozier.
I have a White River Sendoro Pack knife that is excellent, and comes with kydex that allows carry in any mode.
Of course, Dozier is superb but pricey and hard to find on the Exchange in proper config for scout carry. I love Dozier also, but for now I'm satisfied.

I picked up an Arkansas Toothpick about a year and a half ago. It had been a grail knife for as long as I knew what a "Dozier" was. It's not with me at the moment, or I'd take a pic. It's a beautiful piece, and a very practical size and shape. Not able to carry a fixed blade knife day to day, but I have it on me most weekends.

A close contender was the New York Special. Not sure he makes that one anymore.
A. G. Russell actually has both of those in stock right now. I believe the blade shape is exactly the same with different handles.
I'd love to see a pic of your Toothpick if you feel like posting it.

Custom Companion, Arkansas Traveller, Lil Deer Skinner.

zbSrCBt.jpg

You mentioned the Lil Deer Skinner on your list of possibles, and it's my favorite of the three (and the one I kept).

I got a great deal on a Lil Deer Skinner from another forum member!

I think I'm going to try to buy one more.
Is there any chance one of you guys have an Arkansas Toothpick AND a New York Special? I'd like to see a side x side picture of them to compare the size of the handles.

Back