Crazy Eights Milestone GAW.

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It is 2018, and I have been a member here for eight years. I've passed eight thousand posts. The number '8' is in my name. I think it's time for a giveaway.

I thought about having a minimum post count, of 1/100th of mine (88.88 posts) but decided to go ahead and open this up to anyone.

Just say "I'm in" Don't say "not in", although pictures, amusing stories, etc are always welcome. I will pick a winner when my post count reaches 8888. I don't know how long that will take, so enter soon, in case I start to feel chatty.

The prize: A Yellow Mini Copperlock, and a Small Texas Jack that's had a tea-soak dye job to give it a darker, old-bone look.

Case giveaway.jpg

I'll send to anywhere USPS will flat-rate to. (I think that's pretty much anywhere.)
Entrants must must be 18yrs of age, and are responsible for complying with legal restrictions in their jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Congrats R8shell on your milestones. :)
A very generous GAW.
I wasn't going to, but, I'll say "I'm In."

Thank you for the chance, and good luck, everyone. :)

So in fitting with the theme of 8’s, and as I hit my 80th post today, I’m in! I can’t wait to see your next 8000 posts r8shell!

Very cool! I’m in. Congratulations on your milestones. I’m glad this isn’t for the type of knife mentioned in W&C:D! I may come back to insert a picture or two , as well.
Thanks, Neal

Possibly the best Giveaway title ever! :D :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the impending milestone my friend :) :thumbsup:

Ha, theme of 8's!
My b day is 12/8, my wife's is 6/8. (The one child we had together b day is on the 16th...)
Our wedding was on 8/8/08.
Congrats on your milestone!

I'm in. Congratulations on your milestone. I'll try to edit in a picture or two later, but consider this my entry.

Ed J

I’m definitely in! Got a Texas Jack in my pocket right now! And, I’ve always loved the looks of those Copperlocks. Thanks so much!

Works out to about a thousand posts a year. Wow!
How's the weather in ATX now? Better I hope. My son says it's been a little intemperate.
Thanx for the chance at the knives.--KV

Congratulations r8shell for not only the number but the quality of your post. You my friend are a pillar of our little community. I'm in and here is Pearl she wants to thank you again for her makeover. Absolutely great scrimshaw work that you did on her.

OGMCY1O.jpg

Very cool! I’m in. Congratulations on your milestones. I’m glad this isn’t for the type of knife mentioned in W&C:D! I may come back to insert a picture or two , as well.
Thanks, Neal
Ha! The important thing is to never forget which subforum you are in. ;)

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody. It's funny, I don't think of it as so much of an accomplishment, more that it's time to give back. The more I post here, the less I bore my friends and family with knife talk. :D

Works out to about a thousand posts a year. Wow!
How's the weather in ATX now? Better I hope. My son says it's been a little intemperate.
Thanx for the chance at the knives.--KV
Well, that works out to only 2.75 posts a day. :oops:
Tuesday morning it was 17 degrees, and today it's 70. So typical winter weather, really.

Congratulations on the milestone, you're an awesome asset to the forum :thumbsup:
Those are two very awesome knives that I just can't pass on the chance to own, so I'm definitely in.

I joined here almost 2 years ago, I had only been here a few months when I got the itch for a Barlow.
Could never really get into carrying a somewhat small knife loose in my pocket let alone a slipjoint, but wanted a Barlow for some reason.

So my grandmother happens to bring up the one she's got in a toolbox, I remember it vaguely and determine it must be an Imperial.
Well I find out it says CHINA on it , and you offer me an actual imperial Barlow.

Well that knife really got me into carrying a slipjoint, and here it is almost 2 years later.

Last edited:
Back