CRK challenge thread

I propose that the CRK forum put on a challenge. The challenge would be to carry one CRK for the month (thread title would be month and model, multiple models per month). Post up a photo of use and a quick explanation or if a photo isn't able to be taken (most of my day) an explanation of the use. If everybody who signed up participated in the thread everyday, a signature line for each month and model would be added (or something). What do you all think?

I’d be interested as well. I usually go a week, then I’ve slowly went to two weeks, now I’m approaching a month with my Inkosi now

So I think what we would do is label each thread with the start and end date and the model. I only currently own a large inkosi insingo (owned a large 21 cf, wish I still had it) so I obviously can't participate in any others after that.

This sounds intriguing. But I don't think I fully understand the rules. So everyone would carry whatever the model(s) of the month would be?

OK. So we would be starting in April. Put up a poll and see whom wants to start carrying what model first. 21 insingo, 21 drop point, 25, etc. We'll pick 3 models every month. Whatever model is chosen for that month people then sign up for. Once the signing is closed, the start date is chosen and you start. You must post up what you did with your knife for the day and a photo. If you had to use a razor blade, chisel, etc to supplement what you took your knife out for, record that as well. Obviously a carpenter won't be using it exclusively but if you took the knife out for a task and couldn't complete it...
Then each month and model you complete, record in your sig line

Count me out. I rotate between too many knives. CRK’s, handmades, slipjoints, lockbacks, etc and variety makes me happy.

Ya. I can’t do one knife for a month. Sorry. :(
Variety is the spice of life. :) For me.

Great idea for those that want to participate but I carry a different one everyday or every other day, however, I will enjoy looking at pics etc from those that participate. :thumbsup:

Count me in!

Now WHICH CRK will I only carry for a month.. that's the difficult question?

Matt

At one time I might have had trouble carrying one knife for a period of time but I have grown very attached to my Mnandi. I have carried it exclusively since getting it last December.
I don’t see anything on the horizon that is likely to knock it out of my pocket.
No problem here with carrying my Mnandi for a month.

My umnumzaan just came in... And I think that will be my unit for this challenge.

OK, so who's interested in being included in a challenge and what should the specifics be? Model only, ie sebenza 21. Or by model and blade shape? Etc etc.

OK, so who's interested in being included in a challenge and what should the specifics be? Model only, ie sebenza 21. Or by model and blade shape? Etc etc.
Having a specific blade shape in the challenge might bring out some creative images as it will force people to find a way to use a certain blade for something they otherwise might not normally.

Back