CRK Cheat Day

I don't think you're being blasphemous at all. Lets face it, we are all "knife enthusiasts." Everyone has a different point of view for their ROI/diminishing returns from a basic cutting tool to something from CRK or (insert your favorite manf). I think for many of us PRIDE of ownership / Emotional attachments outweighs the simple "cutting" needs any basic knife can do.

For my needs will brand X knife do the same end job? I'm sure it would, but I don't get the same "experience" I get from using my CRK. From the silky smooth hydraulic operation, to the rock solid lock up, to the simplicity of splitting the material. Its having the same consistent experience with the brand that I enjoy. I was fortunate to be gifted my first, which created an emotional bond with the brand. I've been fortunate to be able to provide that same experience to others, which is why I personally have supported and will continue to support the brand.

Thats the best part is you get to figure out what needs you want fulfilled and find the right tool to fit that need. That can change from time to time, but hey that is life right? Anything extra, is just well, extra!

Enjoy it all in good health!

Well said! I know for my daily knife uses as an office worker I could buy an inexpensive Kershaw or Buck knife and never have an issue.
I just like my Mnandi and I enjoy using it.

My relationship with CRK started in 2017. The collection is small and grew slowly. Twice, over the past few years, I was lured by the sirens song of the PM2. They were flings, and it never lasted for more than a couple weeks. The shine of a new toy would wear off, and I’d sell them at a loss. I think I learned my lesson. That’s my story.

1rraGFC.jpg

My relationship with CRK started in 2017. The collection is small and grew slowly. Twice, over the past few years, I was lured by the sirens song of the PM2. They were flings, and it never lasted for more than a couple weeks. The shine of a new toy would wear off, and I’d sell them at a loss. I think I learned my lesson. That’s my story.

1rraGFC.jpg
I almost cried reading this. Do you also write novels? :D

Have actually been cheating on CRK the last few weeks with this Cold Steel Kiridashi. Bought it a few months ago and it quickly became one of my favorite work knives. That's one thing I'd still love to see from CRK, is a true wharncliffe.

9rM43bK.jpg

One of my

One of my favorites... That one always tempts me to put her back in my pocket. Then she stays there for quite a while.
Hard for me to admit, but my GB1 is the smoothest knife I own. I have many nice smooth Sebenzas, but the GBI glides open like glass. It makes up for it by tearing your thumb apart when you go to unlock it, so you can’t win them all! 😝 It’s a keeper. The best Spyderco I own,

Great thread idea!

I’ve been really taking a liking to my David Mary David Mary Customs lately. They are great quality and you can get it built how you like...David is using CAD drawing and a real attention to detail to produce a great product.

Grip handles alone are worth the price of admission.

The knives - smaller one is an XL street beat tribute In LC200N. Larger one is a fighter in AEB-L

they go well with my 21 and Inkosi.

Attachments

• 84CC17A3-ACE4-4D1F-9084-E66649403E22.jpeg
    84CC17A3-ACE4-4D1F-9084-E66649403E22.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 15
Whoa, less like a cheat and more like a full-on divorce and remarry! Looks great, swoopy and elegant, weird as it seems to call a knife elegant.
Seems like eventually I always come back around to CRK, but I'm definitely not feeling it at the moment. The Kapara carries nicely, doesn't tear up my pants, flicks open and drops shut, has a solid lock up and 20CV steel. Ergos are great for my uses.

Back