CRK Counterfeit

So I called out a seller on fleabay with a fake Sebenza listed for over $400 USD who insists that it's not. Before I call bullshit, I thought I'd get some other trained eyes on it. I'll admit the scale is kinda convincing but every other detail on here screams fake, from the blade shape, the grind, the thumbstud, the torx screws, the lack of a spacer, and the box.

eP5Dhf3.jpg

1I7Za9m.jpg

gqHKWpg.jpg

uIGTGry.jpg

I noticed this fake sell on the bay, and of course the seller had to know at this selling price, buy it now, it was a fake...https://www.ebay.com/itm/313699263671?hash=item4909eee4b7:g:M3IAAOSwWilhXBLP
I do not have enough familiarity with the bay to know if there is a way to contact buyers? Thanks, Bart

I noticed this fake sell on the bay, and of course the seller had to know at this selling price, buy it now, it was a fake...https://www.ebay.com/itm/313699263671?hash=item4909eee4b7:g:M3IAAOSwWilhXBLP
I do not have enough familiarity with the bay to know if there is a way to contact buyers? Thanks, Bart
Says the item is unavailable now but if you go into that link and click on the little picture of the knife or the item name it will take you to the original listing, then scroll until you see "about this seller" and under that should be a "contact seller" link option.

Just realized you said a way to contact the buyer not the seller. Unfortunately I don't think you can as buyer or bidder info isn't publicly displayed. Probably the best you could do is go into the original listing like I said above and find the "report item" link.

if there is a way to contact buyers?

In the early days of the 'bay that actually was possible. But they got rid of that feature loooong ago. Guess people giving others a heads-up that they're getting ripped off hurt the 'bay's bottom line. (Of course unwanted molestations etc. happened as well, so I'll not be too harsh on the 'bay here.)

There seems to be a rash of fakes on the "BAY" ... some dealers pull them down when contacted, others are indignant that theirs are real... bottom line when someone get a fake new , knowing it is, , then passes it on, it is assumed real... nd presented as such...

Thanks for catching this, and getting it pulled. 👍
A couple of Months ago: I was bidding on a Mnandi. I sent all of the pictures (about a dozen) to CRK. Because they didn't have the knife in their hands: they couldn't guarantee it's authenticity...
... but they did say that everything looked as it should.
(I got out-bid on it...)

I got one earlier this year. Took multiple pictures side by side with the real one... seller was quite apologetic, not a CRK guy, and was very quick to refund me. I sent it back. I never did see it relisted, so there's one with a happy ending.

My concerns over getting stuck with a counterfeit led me to ordering them directly from CRK.

A while ago I pretty much gave up on all the obvious $40 fakes on there. There's too many of them and reporting them never did anything. I guess fleabay was more concerned with getting mean Dr. Seuss books pulled. It's the ones being passed off for hundreds of dollars or trying to mislead buyers into authenticity that get my attention.

Reactions: TC
A little off topic, but I paid full retail for a fake Fallkniven F1 off of eBay years ago. Registered a complaint with PayPal, and seller offered to refund purchase price less $25.00 and I keep the forgery. I still have that knife and its a damn fine forgery, sharp and holds an edge.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but I paid full retail for a fake Falkniven F1 off of eBay years ago. Registered a complaint with PayPal, and seller offered to refund purchase price less $25.00 and I keep the forgery. I still have that knife and its a damn fine forgery, sharp and holds an edge.
Making Lemonade out of a Lemon: Priceless!!

I have a forged AGRussell One Hand and a forged vintage Remington. Both are good knives

Back