CRK Family Portraits

Hello everyone in the beautiful CRK sub-forum! Well I feel as if it's about that time again. What time you ask? Time to share my newly acquired acquisitions and expansions of my CRK Family. So I thought, "why not have a family affair, in the process of introducing the newcomers."

My first acquisition came in the form of a gorgeous Mnandi with Tamboti Inlay (Old Configuration), followed by The Boss himself Mr. Umnumzaan (Old Configuration). I feel very fortunate in acquiring these, especially since I wanted them in their pre-form before the changes.

I could go on....... and on....... and on....... about their wonderfulness, beauties, and strengths, but I think we all can agree, we've just about heard it all. So instead of telling you, I thought I would show you them in their prime, and as well with their new CRK Family in a few portraits.

List of the Family so far in order of receipt:

Wilson Combat Small Starbenza
Regular Sebenza with BG42 blade
Regular Sebenza with Wide jimping
Mnandi with Tamboti Inlay (Old Configuration)
Umnumzaan (Old configuration)

(P.S.) I would love to see everyone else's CRK Families bonding together and enjoying each others company in their own portraits.

IMG_20140703_031836_zps202be431.jpg

IMG_20140703_032238_zps95674bb7.jpg

IMG_20140703_032515_zpsa28f7d1a.jpg

IMG_20140703_032726_zps7e127b2e.jpg

IMG_20140703_032826_zpsc7f7beb6.jpg

IMG_20140703_032934_zps9db493b2.jpg

IMG_20140703_033253_zpsc4ccb0b5.jpg

IMG_20140703_034615_zps4f737eb7.jpg

IMG_20140703_034824_zpsbbfb4b52.jpg

IMG_20140703_034948_zps7b0ad15b.jpg

IMG_20140703_035105_zpsf85bc587.jpg

Last edited:
1st- small Sebenza 21 w/micarta
2nd- Mnandi w/Lignum Vitae
3rd- Star-Tac Umnumzaan
4th- small Sebenza 21 w/Lignum Vitae
5th- Sebenza 25 w/micarta
6th- Nyala
7th- small Sebenza 21 tanto w/micarta

Sold

Sebenza 21 large
Mnandi w/Box Elder
Mnandi w/Coco Bolo
Sebenza regular-small
Sebenza 21 w/Ivory-small

1st- small Sebenza 21 w/micarta
2nd- Mnandi w/Lignum Vitae
3rd- Star-Tac Umnumzaan
4th- small Sebenza 21 w/Lignum Vitae
5th- Sebenza 25 w/micarta
6th- Nyala
7th- small Sebenza 21 tanto w/micarta

Sold

Sebenza 21 large
Mnandi w/Box Elder
Mnandi w/Coco Bolo
Sebenza regular-small
Sebenza 21 w/Ivory-small

Now this ^^^^^^^ is exactly what I had in mine when I started this thread! I appreciate you taking the time to add such beauty to the thread and list your collection in it's respective chronological order.

By the way, I envy you and your Lignum Vitae Inlays.......... especially on the Mnandi with the decorative pin! It's a must that I acquire one of them (decorative pin) for my collection, it simply has to be done!!!

Great looking collections guys, thanks for sharing.

Thanks straitr! Now where's the pictures buddy?!?! I know you got a cell phone laying around somewhere over there. :)

Too everyone else viewing the thread, stop being shy and lets see some of those beautiful collection y'all are hiding over there! Who knows, you might have a nostalgic moment about the great times you and your CRK's shared, once you take them out of storage and let them see the day of light.

Take care and Happy belated 4th of July!!!

Not, exactly the same. But I use only one, of course. That is just a picture for a viewing pleasure, not 'working pair' (as you can see) :)

sk8n's Wheel o' Blades is epic:thumbup:. I think I'll wait for a few more posts before I upload my family of 2.:)

I don't have a wide angle lense big enough....:)

Excuses....... excuses....... excuses. Let's see them, sir!

What you hiding over there?!?! ;)

sk8n's Wheel o' Blades is epic:thumbup:. I think I'll wait for a few more posts before I upload my family of 2.:)

Don't be ashamed....... that is a lot to follow, isn't it.

Who would want to follow in those foot steps....... :eek:

My very small collection
Small Sebenza 21 with Macassar Ebony
Large Sebenza 21 Insingo W/Micarta
Sebenza 25
Wilson Startac

My very first CRK purchase was a box elder Mnandi that I have since sold. Next up was a small classic micarta Sebenza that I still own. Over the years I have bought and sold many Mnandis and Sebenzas. I currently have 17 Mnandis and my original small Sebenza. Here's a group pic, minus the Sebenza...

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/sunstar_2006/media/CRK/891cb909e0c4f325890e8ba245f18b2c.jpg.html][/URL]

Words cannot describe the beauty in this portrait!

But one feeling comes to mind....... envy.

Great collection, sir! Oh what a joy it would bring, to wake to such excellence!!! :D

My very small collection
Small Sebenza 21 with Macassar Ebony
Large Sebenza 21 Insingo W/Micarta
Sebenza 25
Wilson Startac

Though your collection may be modest....... I'm here to tell ya; it doesn't take away from it's attraction one bit!!!

Great start to what I can only assume to be, many more! :thumbup: :)

When I got up this morning, as soon as my eyes opened, I saw a Wheel O' Blades. That's just one of the coolest blade pics ever. One of the members on a pistol forum posted a wheel pic of all his Beretta 92's, while I'm not exactly a Beretta fan, the photo composition resinated with me and burned an image in my brain.:)

Since I don't have many CRK's, I'll have to make up for it by posting multiple pics.:D My 2 family members are a Zaan and small Sebbie. I did buy a 3rd CRK last year (Sikayo), but it was for my Son. He started taking a serious interest in food prep, so I thought it would be cool to get him a blade that he wouldn't likely purchase for himself. He digs it, so does his wife, he actually has to hide it from her. I asked him why he hides it, he said because his wife doesn't clean it properly before stowing it.:rolleyes:

008_zpsf4509fd6.jpg

005_zps1fcc74c3.jpg

001_zpsb365a48d.jpg

^^^^^ Here I am being sympathetic to the fact you only had 2 CRKs to show, following that beautiful wheel of Mnandis....... and you reveal something like that!!! Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me! :p

Last edited:
Here I am being sympathetic to the fact you only had 2 CRKs to show, following that beautiful wheel of Mnandis....... and you reveal something like that!!! Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me! :p
That's too funny.:). Although my plans fell through for a large full color Damascus Ole Glory, I do feel fortunate that I have 2 CRK's. In fact, I'd be grateful to own just 1.

When I got up this morning, as soon as my eyes opened, I saw a Wheel O' Blades. That's just one of the coolest blade pics ever. One of the members on a pistol forum posted a wheel pic of all his Beretta 92's, while I'm not exactly a Beretta fan, the photo composition resinated with me and burned an image in my brain.:)

Since I don't have many CRK's, I'll have to make up for it by posting multiple pics.:D My 2 family members are a Zaan and small Sebbie. I did buy a 3rd CRK last year (Sikayo), but it was for my Son. He started taking a serious interest in food prep, so I thought it would be cool to get him a blade that he wouldn't likely purchase for himself. He digs it, so does his wife, he actually has to hide it from her. I asked him why he hides it, he said because his wife doesn't clean it properly before stowing it.:rolleyes:

008_zpsf4509fd6.jpg

005_zps1fcc74c3.jpg

001_zpsb365a48d.jpg

Great job on the Lanyard on the Zaan US-Steel, it really caps off that very tasteful mod. I really can't imagine how you could have done a better job.

Excuses....... excuses....... excuses. Let's see them, sir!

What you hiding over there?!?! ;)

Don't be ashamed....... that is a lot to follow, isn't it.

Who would want to follow in those foot steps....... :eek:

Not hiding anything you haven't seen before.....lol

Back