CRK Perforated Washer Question

Has CRK always used perforated washers on their knives? Also, does anyone know if they sell extra pairs? If so, how much are they?

They were solid at one time, and there are a couple different styles of perforated that have been used.
You have to send the knife in to get washers. I don't have the newest price sheet, but the price I have is $1.50. If yours has the solid washers, the pivot and maybe the stop sleeve will have to be changed $13.50
+return shipping

Originally they used Nylon washers on the Original models. Then they switched to solid phosphor bronze washers because they could control the consistency of the PB much more than from the supplier of the Nylon... then around 2010 they started added holes in the washers, then a little later they started doing the more rectangularish holes.

The holes are designed to hold in more grease.

CRK will not send you washers. You have to send your knife into them, and they'll install and fit the new washers for you. There's a small amount of fitting involved, that I imagine means taking an abrasive to the washers to remove a few microns of materials to get it to fit exactly into your knife. That is why CRK won't sell you the washers directly, because they want it to fit properly.

I’ve read that on BF before, but a few weeks ago I was told over the phone that they needed to be sent in too.
Oh wow really. Interesting, I thought I had heard that from Tim on the CRK Facebook page.. I must have confused it in my head.

Nylon washer on a P sebenza From 93. Ridiculously smooth action, and no telling how many years worth of crud that is in the pic

Attachments

• 3D6299F4-7A81-4262-84A4-4F0D52FB3649.jpeg
    3D6299F4-7A81-4262-84A4-4F0D52FB3649.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 102
I’ve read that on BF before, but a few weeks ago I was told over the phone that they needed to be sent in too.

Oh wow really. Interesting, I thought I had heard that from Tim on the CRK Facebook page.. I must have confused it in my head.
They have definitely sent out washers for the Inkosi without having to fit them so either the policy has only recently changed, is inconsistently applied, or the person was mixed their models up.

They have definitely sent out washers for the Inkosi without having to fit them so either the policy has only recently changed, is inconsistently applied, or the person was mixed their models up.

I have some 21’s in the shop. When they call to arrange return shipping I’ll ask if they can throw in some small Inkosi or Umnumzaan washers.

They wouldn't send me a pivot for the Inkosi, which I doubt is a piece that's fitted. I'm curious if they send you washers.

I have some 21’s in the shop. When they call to arrange return shipping I’ll ask if they can throw in some small Inkosi or Umnumzaan washers.

I just got off the phone; my 21’s are inbound. I asked if they would include a set of Umnumzaan and small Inkosi washers. They said yes. I asked once before and was told no. Perhaps I spoke with someone new on a previous call.

BTW, Kayla is so sweet and patient on the phone! She’s definitely great for the job. Just speaking with her makes me want to run out and buy another CRK!

BTW, Kayla is so sweet and patient on the phone! She’s definitely great for the job. Just speaking with her makes me want to run out and buy another CRK!

She is also great and responsive by e-mail! I recently had some questions that were stupid enough that I was embarassed to post them here. She was quick to answer and in a way that didn't make me feel dumb.

She basically sold me an Impinda when they are more broadly available.

I just got off the phone; my 21’s are inbound. I asked if they would include a set of Umnumzaan and small Inkosi washers. They said yes. I asked once before and was told no. Perhaps I spoke with someone new on a previous call.

Zaan and inkosi they can ship no problem but for 21 because of bushing they measure them based on knife so they do not ship them by themselves as far as I was told.

Back