CRK Small Sebenza 21 Full Backspacers - The Evolution

These ever going to be made for the Small benza tanto ?

I would like the next run to work with all three blade shapes. But I don't have a tanto so I'd have to find someone to loan me one to figure out the fitment.

0M6lr55.jpg

Don't want to disrespect your work,you are clearly talented machinist but CRK is all about simplicity, less parts and perfection.With those backspaces and clips they do look overbuilt and uneccesary IMO.

Don't want to disrespect your work,you are clearly talented machinist but CRK is all about simplicity, less parts and perfection.With those backspaces and clips they do look overbuilt and uneccesary IMO.

Overbuilt looking? Never heard that one before. CRKs actually all come with clips, not sure how switching that out changes anything. But I do agree, although bad ass the backspacer is one extra part. More pics for your enjoyment.

jsNagqd.jpg

O3QCGKo.jpg

IBJ3r8I.jpg

7hDfWGs.jpg

Overbuilt looking? Never heard that one before. CRKs actually all come with clips, not sure how switching that out changes anything. But I do agree, although bad ass the backspacer is one extra part. More pics for your enjoyment.

When I said overbuilt,meaning extra spacer which makes knife heavier and harder to clean.Also looks more muscular.
I like simple,spartan look of Sebenza and any extra parts which do not make knife better user are not my thing.
I do use all of my CRK.
Cheers.

jsNagqd.jpg

O3QCGKo.jpg

IBJ3r8I.jpg

7hDfWGs.jpg

When I said overbuilt,meaning extra spacer which makes knife heavier and harder to clean.Also looks more muscular.
I like simple,spartan look of Sebenza and any extra parts which do not make knife better user are not my thing.
I do use all of my CRK.

I don't think the extra 4 grams will weigh you down unless you're Nutnfancy.

Compressed air, no problem to clean. Highly doubt you are in the bush with your CRK.

Backspacer makes the knife feel better in the hand.
Prevents that annoying closed knife thumb cut.
Prevents edge damage in the pocket from coins keys etc.

Last edited:
I don't think the extra 4 grams will weigh you down unless you're Nutnfancy.

Compressed air, no problem to clean. Highly doubt you are in the bush with your CRK.

Backspacer makes the knife feel better in the hand.
Prevents that annoying closed knife thumb cut.
Prevents edge damage in the pocket from coins keys etc.
Looks like it was meant to be there and feels great.
Frustrates CRK fanboys.
Are you making these to frustrate fanboys or expose your talent?
As I said before I do not mind these products of yours but I prefer factory CRK and will stay on course.If you are concerned about financial aspects and CRK owners not liking your products,that is another story.Your stuff is nice but for everyday user I prefer simplicity and not fanciness of your parts which make the CRK pocket jewellery.This is not what Chris Reeve intended and designed Sebenza to be.I will rather order CGG or any other option directly from CRK than from you.Again this is my opinion and do not get all sensitive about it.Keep up the good work and hope one day you design and make your own knife.Cheers.
PS.By the way original design and idea of Chris Reeve is for Sebenza will be very tough to make it better.Simplicity is the key to brilliance!

If you don't like these and think CRK is gods gift then why even bother? Just to get those two cents in?

This was likely a one and done run. I didn't actually machine them (which is explained in the OP), just did all the finishing. This is a non financial side hobby for me, I run a business outside of this. This is one way I relax and de-stress. So no, I really don't care if people like them or not as I didn't make them for the money or the likes. Made for my own personal enjoyment and just happen to have others for sale. But they did sell out really fast so I'm assuming there is a pretty good market. Which is a hint to actual machinists out there!

This place is called Bladeforums where people have discussions and their own opinions ,2 cents..
If you can't take a slight criticism or just someone else's different opinion then do not post things you want people to agree with you 100%.I know your stuff sells and I also acknowledged you as a talented machinist but IMO,I do not like them on CRK.
All the best in your career path.Cheers.

By responses I see you aren't really reading what I'm writing. Have a good one!
If you are ever going to make some more I would be interested! They look great. Ignore the fanboys that think CRK can do no wrong, I bet if CRK came out with one that had an integrated backspacer they would froth over it.

This thread needs more pictures. :D
On my most used Sebenza, I like the way the backspacer feels in the hand, and it protects the blade from loose change, small parts, keys, etc in the pocket, not to mention that it looks great, too. It’s been on this knife since the day I received it, and I’ve never had a reason to remove it.

TTTis TTTis I think this is a great addition to a CRK. I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Chris on several occasions and my experience with him is that his methodology is to continuously innovate and produce products to the highest standards. This is clearly evident in the evolution of the Sebenza and discontinued models. It looks as though you have make a high quality, complimentary product to an already outstanding, but not perfect product. I only wish I had seen this thread when it first came out and I had the opportunity to pick one up. On behalf of all of us here who believe innovation is the key to progress I hope you do make some more of these, particularly for the larger models. Lady1911 Lady1911 Chris, if you think you may want to part with that spacer, I have a Fiddleback with your name on it ;).

Just some thoughts from someone that has been otherwise occupied most of this year for various personal reasons.

If you are going to offer a product as an upgrade to an existing line, my suggestion would be to ignore dissenting commentary altogether. You WILL get negativity anywhere you go.
You either accept it and move on or do something to alienate people who could be potential customers by saying something like "Frustrate CRK fanboys"
Since this is the CRK subforum, such comments can be taken elsewhere- This subforum exists for a reason and it's not to bash the base. Critique the product..Yes, that will happen..Not much you can do about that.

Carry on

Does the top nearest the pivot just rest on the pillar? Just curious as I could visualize a mechanical connection.
Super clean and nice looking!

Just some thoughts from someone that has been otherwise occupied most of this year for various personal reasons.

If you are going to offer a product as an upgrade to an existing line, my suggestion would be to ignore dissenting commentary altogether. You WILL get negativity anywhere you go.
You either accept it and move on or do something to alienate people who could be potential customers by saying something like "Frustrate CRK fanboys"
Since this is the CRK subforum, such comments can be taken elsewhere- This subforum exists for a reason and it's not to bash the base. Critique the product..Yes, that will happen..Not much you can do about that.

Carry on

Appreciate that and certainly noted. The fanboy thing was more of an annoyed comment and not an indication of how I actually feel.
I only own two folders and both are CRK's so one could certainly say <--- fanboy.

Appreciate that and certainly noted. The fanboy thing was more of an annoyed comment and not an indication of how I actually feel.
I only own two folders and both are CRK's so one could certainly say <--- fanboy.

I get it- I make things as well. Certainly have to have some thick skin if you make anything for public consumption.
Overall, I think that people are good but quick to dispense retribution at any negative.
More or less anyway.

Back