1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

CRK Umnumzaan Hardware

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by sfknifeguy, Apr 5, 2019.

1. sfknifeguy

sfknifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Hello all,

Just received my very first CRK yesterday. I got an Umnumzaan in a trade and I'm really enjoying it. I am not much a lanyard guy, so when I removed it, there was simply no color flair left to the knife.

I am new in the CRK world, so forgive me if this has already been a posted question. Where could I find anodized hardware (probably just blue) as well as backspacer for this little guy? Honestly any custom hardware for this thing would be awesome.

I also saw Millet was taking pre-orders on timascus clips so I may need to get in on that.

Thanks all!

Jazz123 likes this.
  2. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
  3. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
  4. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I know a guy...

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  5. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Haha I'm all ears?

6. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  7. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    That first one with the star design is gorgeous, the lanyard is as well, and the second one looks neat with that different pivot screw/pin. I am not much of a lanyard guy however, do you know where I might find custom ti hardware for them?

8. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    The "star" design is called "Tanked"- Underrated IMHO..and discontinued.

The hardware in both of those knives are ones that I make..Large Seb, small seb and Umnumzaan. Outside of that..there are a few people that make clips (ripps garage tech), Millit..And a few others.. Most don't sell on BF..Some on IG,..some on facebook. @TTTis has some backspacers here.. @BOOMER52 is another avenue.
    Depends on your tastes. I can't link to some of them as they don't have proper memberships to advertise here.

9. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Thanks so much for all of this info! I will be pm'ing you momentarily! By the way, that star design is gorgeous for sure.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  10. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    tmd_87 likes this.
  11. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Thanks man this is a great info. I really wish I could get a matching backspacer standoff too in addition. I have tossed around the idea of anodizing the scales myself and then polishing the flats, but I feel as if that might void warranty and therefore it would be ineligible for spa treatment, perhaps I'd have to reach out to them directly to find out.

12. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    @Pensacola Tiger

The reason I didn't post links is because it is verboten to post links to dealers on BF that do not have a membership. Please remove the links.

13. Pensacola Tiger

Sep 25, 2009
    Sorry. Link removed for MXG Gear. Should the CRK link be removed as well?

14. Pensacola Tiger

Sep 25, 2009
    I measured and the Sebenza backspacer is just slightly thinner (0.39).than the Umnumzaan (0.42), though the hole is the same diameter.

15. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    CRK is fine- They have a subforum here.

Thank you! Helps keep the lights on if you know what I mean :)

16. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Off topic but does anyone know when CRK started adding the grease and Allen wrenches with the Umnumzaan’s?

I am getting one in trade with the old cardboard box made in October of 2012 and the guy said it didn’t come with grease or the Allen wrenches.

And would CRK send me a set of the wrenches for free or would I have to purchase them?

Thanks in advance.

17. Silverstonev8

Silverstonev8 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Maybe pick up one of these
    https://chrisreeve.com/collections/crk-parts/products/service-kit